Really basic saddle alignment question (really basic!) & some cable routing guidance/knowledge share - Peugeot Control 500

Looking much better, I think the way @mk one suggested brake left, rear mech middle, front mech right would look even neater, as the front mech stop is on the drive side of the seat tube, the v brake noodle would benefit too. Try it you have nothing to lose. 👍

Last edited:
Yes I will give it a go, it wasn’t to hard to unthread it all. Thanks for all the advice really appreciate the help in making the bike better.
I think the seat is better looking (if not actually “nice”). Needs to be higher and flatter but that’s up to my stepdaughter!

Yes I will give it a go, it wasn’t to hard to unthread it all. Thanks for all the advice really appreciate the help in making the bike better.
I think the seat is better looking (if not actually “nice”). Needs to be higher and flatter but that’s up to my stepdaughter!
You're welcome mate, Peugeot made some nice bikes, v brakes work very well. Comfort is king for a beginner or it wont get ridden. Hope she appreciates the work you have put in :)

Can we talk about chainring positioning now?
Looks like the big ring isn't positioned correctly (chain slip pin should be behind the crank if it can be), plus there appears to be a few bolts missing?
Also is the 'middle' ring the right way around? You don't usually see chain lift marks on the outer face....

/apologies for the critiquing!

Looks like the big ring isn't positioned correctly (chain slip pin should be behind the crank if it can be), plus there appears to be a few bolts missing?
Also is the 'middle' ring the right way around? You don't usually see chain lift marks on the outer face....

Well spotted 👍 outer ring needs moving round one bolt postion and a couple of bolts. Unsure of middle ring but agree lift marks are usually on the inside.

You could be right it was cobbled together maybe 10 months ago and I probably forgot to put all of the bolts in. I’ll check the ring is oritentated right. I’ll check the slip pin, I take it that’s the strange sticking out pin, I do remember thinking where it should go :)

They’re also the wrong rings, off an old Alivio crank… the Ritchey deserves better than stamped steel

Edit: PS this is all really welcome! I want the bike to be right
Don't worry about steel rings so long as it works and she has fun on it. You can always upgrade to a better part/bike later if her enthusiasm grows.

Latest posts

Back