RBotYear!!! Poll Up - All the 2020 Winners! Vote now!!!

RBotYear 2020

• Feb: OldTel - 1914 BSA Light Roadster

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • March: JSH - 1989 GEWISS Bianchi

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • April: Peachy - 1989 Concorde Astore

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • May: allenh - Abeni Europa

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • July: WimVDD - Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August: sherlylock - Claud Butler Electron

• September: toby1974 - Pegoretti Lueignino

• Spokesmann - Carlton Catalina

• bagpuss - Carlton International

• November: sherlylock - 1939 Claud Butler Tandem

• December: Rolling Thunder - 1987 Colnago Master

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Wow!! Work took me away for a few months, to come back and find this! What an honour and what a fabulous winning bike. Congratulations! Thank you for the nomination ladies and gents. Honoured to even have been considered.

Congratulations Old Tel a standout machine in a fine collection of machines. And if that bike could talk the stories it could tell would probably keep us all enthralled down the pedal and sprocket when we could get back into pubs again

I still do not know how this works. I only vote if I have entered a bike. There are 11 bikes shown (I guess there was an idle month), 14 votes; but technically only 10 separate owners with one being represented in 2 different months for different categories (does that individual get 2 votes?). Still trying to to rationalize the extra 3-4 votes. If these voting periods are open to everyone then I think it should be more clearly stated since I probably would have provided a vote; although I would prefer it to be closed to the contestants themselves since they not only put in the effort on their bikes, but also took time to allow lowly members such as myself to see their efforts in their (possibly) final glory.

Jesper":1x7871qb said:
I still do not know how this works. I only vote if I have entered a bike. There are 11 bikes shown (I guess there was an idle month), 14 votes; but technically only 10 separate owners with one being represented in 2 different months for different categories (does that individual get 2 votes?). Still trying to to rationalize the extra 3-4 votes. If these voting periods are open to everyone then I think it should be more clearly stated since I probably would have provided a vote; although I would prefer it to be closed to the contestants themselves since they not only put in the effort on their bikes, but also took time to allow lowly members such as myself to see their efforts in their (possibly) final glory.

Here’s the BotM rules; http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules

RBotM follows along the same lines basically but Jamie is sometimes a little more lenient with regards to entries to help keep the numbers up.
Voting has to be open to the whole community, it’s fun and also prevents all entries drawing level with one vote each :facepalm:

BTW you need to post a 30th comment/reply/thread etc before you can vote.

Thanks @Peachy!
I have entered, but just "voted" by comment. This is my 30th post so I guess I do not spend much time online. My time here is more for research than display. I figure everyone here has seen what I have so not much point in showing another 'so and so' in a different color.

I will still only vote if I enter a frame or bike, but I rarely photo a finished bike (maybe 6 out of 80 bikes), and being a solo rider not many to snap a photo of me riding (2 in my lifetime).

I certainly would not vote for myself, results matter not; probably why I do not enter a bike very often.

Also, I only really come to a site based on its initial focus; finding far too many sites catering to non-cycling issues best discussed on a forum dedicated to that subject.

Hi Jesper
As Peachy stated the voting is open to everyone who is a member of the Retrobike community not just the entrants themselves.
Though you do need at least 30 posts to be able to vote, but your there now so you can of course vote next month.
It is really just a chance to get people out showing off and more so sharing their bikes, builds, projects etc rather than any concourse type competition. So always come by to vote, enter whenever you wish and as often as you wish :)

Jamie

Back