rBoTM RBotM May 2022 - Theme month - OUT and ABOUT - Enter now!

road Bike of The Month
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Mickeyspinn
Don’t pull it completely just par it back to what it says in my intro, 1 or 2 photos and a brief description.
I agree with Peach, just put that whole write up which is great in a readers rides thread.
These RBotM threads are meant to be minimal text, which it’s one or two lines and a link to a readers rides or webpage etc where people can get more information.
This month it has gone over a people have become more descriptive but it is needing to be parred back.
Plus in a readers rides thread it won’t get archived after a month, and you can just keep adding to it. 🙂
Cheers

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Oh sorry my rides are kinda long....
I'll pull it .
Still enter the bike as it’s a cracking machine, just check Jamie’s competition guide lines at the start of the thread

Mickeyspinn

Senior Retro Guru
So back by popular demand...
My rusty racing bucket, Nocim
IMG_20220521_153846_465.jpg

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Nice one Mickeyspinn, that is some front chain ring though.

Jamie

Last edited:

Mickeyspinn

Senior Retro Guru
Nice one Mickeyspinn, that is some front change ring though.

Jamie
It's a fair size at 64 but not too bad with a 20 on the back,it's got a 3 speed hub aswell so its like a grunty single speed with an easier gear and also really stupid one 😄 if my maths is right its 116 gear inches in the downhill gear!

Mickeyspinn

Senior Retro Guru
116"! Ideal for TdF bunch sprint finishes then!
Ha! I'm working on my tree trunks 😂
About the only time I've used that gear is to pass at ultra low cadence carbon warriors and give a nonchalant head nod and "arternoon" hehe. One day it will be used properly...the dream/ethos of the bike is to have a stab at motorbike drafting 😁

Mickeyspinn

Senior Retro Guru
116” - 56 x 13 Gear which many TT riders used regularly in the 70’s & 80’s
Yeah it's not actually that wild really...a 53 X 11 is gonna be somewhere near.however it's the missing ratios being a 3 speed hub.....2nd to 3rd ? ....it's like hitting a wall and trying to push through it 🤨
I might for a giggle drop a few teeth on the rear then the gear inches will jump right up!

Nob

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Yeah it's not actually that wild really...a 53 X 11 is gonna be somewhere near.however it's the missing ratios being a 3 speed hub.....2nd to 3rd ? ....it's like hitting a wall and trying to push through it 🤨
I might for a giggle drop a few teeth on the rear then the gear inches will jump right up!
Nah just get a bigger chainring 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.