Sold Raleigh USA Technium Aluminum 1988 - a truly rare and vintage find!

Boldie

Dirt Disciple
I am sure that you are all aware of the history of the Technium bikes Raleigh produced back in the 80s...
After the successful road bike series, they started the first Technium line for MTBs as well in 1988 and that is where this frame comes from!
This Raleigh USA Technium Aluminum comes in turquoise green (or some might call it mint green?)
The frame measures 41cm, making it a vintage 17" size frame.
The steering tube is (most probably) a 22.2 and is threaded.
Frame is a composite 6061-t8 thermal bonded Alcoa aluminum and chromoly steel and is Made in USA.
Has a beautiful monostay wishbone rear (seat stay) and chain stay mounted brakes.
Up for sale is the frame and fork only + the water bottle cage in matching color.
Please check the pictures for more details and the overall condition. It has a few scuffs and scratches here and there, just what you would expect from a bike that is over 34 years old.
£100 plus postage worldwide.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• R01.JPG
    R01.JPG
    706 KB · Views: 51
  • R02.JPG
    R02.JPG
    627.7 KB · Views: 54
  • R03.JPG
    R03.JPG
    632.7 KB · Views: 49
  • R04.JPG
    R04.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 45
  • R05.JPG
    R05.JPG
    299.5 KB · Views: 39
  • R06.JPG
    R06.JPG
    818.5 KB · Views: 35
  • R07.JPG
    R07.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 31
  • R08.JPG
    R08.JPG
    831.1 KB · Views: 32
  • R09.JPG
    R09.JPG
    434.1 KB · Views: 32
  • R10.JPG
    R10.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Not being one to nitpick but that's a 43cm frame measured c2t, which I think you'll find is how these were measured when sold new. So that would make it a 17" (16.9") not a 16".
I think they came in 3 sizes: 17, 19 and 21.5. @Magpiegifts would possibly know more.

Last edited:
Not being one to nitpick but that's a 43cm frame measured c2t, which I think you'll find is how these were measured when sold new. So that would make it a 17" (16.9") not a 16".
I think they came in 3 sizes: 17, 19 and 21.5. @Magpiegifts would possibly know more.
Thanks for your remarks! Such information is priceless. I updated the post accordingly. Now I can only hope that someone finds it interesting enough to consider it for a purchase...;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not so rare then?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back