Raleigh Europa

Rocest

Retro Newbie
I came across an ad of an Raleigh Europa with an remarkable color sheme, a kind of Britisch Racing Green and Yellow, which I find quite nice. Never seen this in a catalogue so I was wondering if someone could tell me if this is an original color or maybe a privat paintjob.
Any information on this subject would be welcome since I would like to
plan a rebuild of a vintage Raleigh in this color sheme.
Raleigh Europa BRG.jpg

Thanks for any comments

torqueless

Senior Retro Guru
I'm pretty sure that is a reproduction seat tube transfer, and I use the term 'reproduction' loosely, 'cause obviously if it was a faithful reproduction, I wouldn't be able to tell you that it was a reproduction. This is a situation a few of us have been expending some energy on recently- getting a Raleigh seat tube transfer available that sufficiently resembles the original that you cannot tell at a glance that it is not original.

Nob

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
I’d say that’s a respray job as don’t think there are any Europa limited editions produced??

jim haseltine

Devout Dirtbag
And the transfers are in the wrong places - the down tube and seat tube transfers are too low and the cross bar transfers are too far back - often an indication that somebody unskilled at the art fitted them in the middle of the tubes.

Nob

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
What’s stamped under the bottom bracket as that would provide a clue