Raleigh Dynaflite SBDU 753.... 'Manager Special'

Local 🍺 then 👍
Was to me too, once upon a time. I would guess the 30mph was down the A272 before the left turn for Cheriton? I used to ride that route to/from college in the summer on a Viscount Tony Doyle. 15 miles each way, in jeans😱!

I've got mixed feelings about this.
Superb thread and great history and all the components have had such great work and attention that they all look superb, all that is except for the one unique and possibly best component, namely the frame. It looks awful in the photos which would normally hide such a lot, so I can only imagine how horrific the worming looks in the flesh!
No offence meant as obviously the reason it's in such poor condition isn't your fault and I think I understand the "it's only original once" reasoning, I just think ok if you don't want to completely re-finish it (although it wouldn't be hard to exactly replicate and would look amazing) I wouldn't be able to not attempt some localised repair work to the paint.

Sorry.

Bet it rides like a dream though.

I sound like a right miserable twat, sorry, I just like things to be shiny.
I've got some nice shiny paint to cheer you up Peachy 🙂...the only problem is that I have to display the bike upside down or lay on my back to see it..🤣

IMG_20220314_150628_HDR.jpg IMG_20220314_150712_HDR.jpg IMG_20220314_150716_HDR.jpg IMG_20220314_150722_HDR.jpg IMG_20220314_150728_HDR.jpg IMG_20220314_150737_HDR.jpg IMG_20220314_150751_HDR.jpg

Was to me too, once upon a time. I would guess the 30mph was down the A272 before the left turn for Cheriton? I used to ride that route to/from college in the summer on a Viscount Tony Doyle. 15 miles each way, in jeans😱!
Locally made Ale also then 🍺

Proper analog 😁

And if you want to continue the weigh in ... the chain is shorter but the SA shifters weigh more.

I've often thought about doing similar weight comparisons as I have 4 RRAs with SA hubs, one steel AM 3 speed, one alloy AM 3 speed and two alloy FM 4 speeds. The 4 speeds are noticeably heavier.

And if you want to continue the weigh in ... the chain is shorter but the SA shifters weigh more.

I've often thought about doing similar weight comparisons as I have 4 RRAs with SA hubs, one steel AM 3 speed, one alloy AM 3 speed and two alloy FM 4 speeds. The 4 speeds are noticeably heavier.
Yeah the Sturmey Shifters are twice the weight of Campagnolo at 140g, the extra weight in the cast steel levers instead of alloy. The shorter thicker ⅛ chain is around the same weight as the longer derailleur chain.
Interested to see what difference an alloy hub shell makes..🤔

IMG_20220317_094524_HDR.jpg IMG_20220317_094442_HDR.jpg

Sorry, I thought you had a 3/32" chain fitted, hard to find 3/32" thick SA sprockets nowadays, I had a couple many years ago - don't think they were genuine SA though.
I figured the changer would be about twice the weight, I've got a complete 5 speed wheel and changer set hanging up in the garage, just waiting for the right bike to fit it to.

SA used to make a single lever, twin cable 5 speed handlebar trigger changer - but it was plastic and rubbish, The first time you got a puncture and stood the bike upside down it cracked the casing!

Back