Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Hi All, I’m building a Dynatech quantum and instead of using mag 20 forks I am painting up some Dyna drive straight rigid forks. Can somebody send me an image of the decal found on the shoulder of the fork and a dimension in millimetres? I am going to ask Gil at retro decals to make a pair up and want to send him the details.

Hello fellow Dynatech fans!

A few years ago I obtained an incomplete 92 Diablo DX. The frame and forks had been blown over in metallic green by a previous owner.

I have this crazy notion to try and slowly rub off the green paint with abrasive paper to see if I can reveal its true colours underneath.

Anyhow I was wondering what finish was used to give the main tubes their multi-coloured appearance? Is it paint or is it some kind of "wrap"
Cheers

Hello fellow Dynatech fans!

A few years ago I obtained an incomplete 92 Diablo DX. The frame and forks had been blown over in metallic green by a previous owner.

I have this crazy notion to try and slowly rub off the green paint with abrasive paper to see if I can reveal its true colours underneath.

Anyhow I was wondering what finish was used to give the main tubes their multi-coloured appearance? Is it paint or is it some kind of "wrap"
Cheers
Photos!

If it’s literally just been blown over on top of the original finish and not lacquered you’d be better off rubbing at an out of sight area with a bit of thinners. You may find it comes off nicely.

Photos!

If it’s literally just been blown over on top of the original finish and not lacquered you’d be better off rubbing at an out of sight area with a bit of thinners. You may find it comes off nicely.
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Might try it on the cromo forks first as no bonding to fret about! Are we talking cellulose thinners (if it is still available)?

As for pictures, I am sure I added a post on here some time ago. I will see if I can find the post and link to it (but bear with as I. A bit if a techno duffer).

Back