Problems with campagnolo canti brake pads/blocks - dont work

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Is it my skills at adjusting a set (front and rear) Campag Record OR cantilever brakes or is there a problem with the brake pads?
The blocks/pads are Campagnolo and no matter what I do - even wedging the block up against the rim and brake levers fully depressed - the wheel still turns - are campagnolo cantilever brake block surfaces renowned for being crap or am I just useless?

These? Most likely just badly set up

file.php

If these, make sure you get the springs the right way round

euclid11905.jpg

I think its more of a mechanical thing, no pads have ever been that bad. I've had it before with springs wrong so that they interfere and stop the brakes from squishing on the rim.

legrandefromage":ns2i875e said:
These? Most likely just badly set up

file.php

If these, make sure you get the springs the right way round

euclid11905.jpg
Yes so the top ones - I’ll have to take a Few snaps and show
I’m
Beginning to hate them - was pondering selling and buying something else or changing the pads for Kool Stop
But any hints tips appreciated as
I’m Likely not doing it right

mattr":37ms7e7r said:
Are they original, 20 year old, pads? And what rims (are they oily/polished?)
Original and rims are polished

legrandefromage":1zhdn4ey said:
I think its more of a mechanical thing, no pads have ever been that bad. I've had it before with springs wrong so that they interfere and stop the brakes from squishing on the rim.
That’s the thing though - I’ve set them up so that’s the action is apparently nice and they are flush with room to spare on the levers - which when completely depressed don’t make any difference - I’m probably doing something wrong - and bit unfair blaming the pads

I’ll take a snap in the morning
Here’s a snap of last time I went out on it

Attachments

• BB280131-9658-4825-BDFC-440A70AC5CA1.jpeg
    BB280131-9658-4825-BDFC-440A70AC5CA1.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 325
  • 853390A1-F912-4A56-B0EF-5484A3164C2B.jpeg
    853390A1-F912-4A56-B0EF-5484A3164C2B.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 325
Back