Posting Photo's query

JimP

Dirt Disciple
This is one of those really boring questions to you who know how it works - but how do you post pictures in the forums?
I've looked at the Q and A - which supposedly tells you how to do things like "post photographs". But for the life of me I cannot see an explanation. It explains about some seemingly defunct/legacy 'galleries', and how to re-size pictures, which as a photographer I have no problem with, but no simple explanation - just the following text saying there are four options.

"1 . Host the pictures yourself (preferred option!)

2 . Attach the pictures to your post

3. Mail the pictures to admin@retrobike.co.uk and I'll host them for you

4. Use a free hosting service such as fotopic."

I want to use option 2 - but when I try to attach a picture I'm being asked for a hyperlink. Does this mean I need to upload the pictures to another site first - in which case option 2 is not an option but an addition to the other three options. If so - I do have my own photography website which could be used - but I'm looking for the simplest solution.
Sorry if I'm being thick - I will be 60 this year so may be getting past it. And if somebody has already posted an idiots guide perhaps you could point me in the direction.

Jim

Ignore all that. It's really easy now. Just use the 'attach files' button, just below the message you are typing. It's fairly straight forward from there, whether you're on a phone or a computer

That's interesting - when I look at the forum on my phone it does indeed have the Attach Files button, but it does not seem to be there on my Mac computer (where my pictures reside). Could it be hidden, or do I need to enable some setting perhaps? Thank you for your response.

Jim

That’s odd. I’m sending this reply from my phone and I have it right there. If you click on the little image in the menu above you should get a similar option
FA0BA7E5-CDE6-42E5-9175-1BA0BC1598B5.jpeg

Ah sorry. I see it’s on you phone but not your computer. Does clicking on the little picture button work?

Ah sorry. I see it’s on you phone but not your computer. Does clicking on the little picture button work?
No - it's rather odd - when I click on that picture icon on my computer it only comes up with a hyperlink option. I wish I could send you a screen shot...... I have also checked on my other (newer) iMac - with the same result. I don't have a PC to test it with in case it's an OS anomaly.

My PC has just crashed 😂 I’ll check on there when it restarts

When I use my pc it’s the same as my phone. I click the picture button and I can upload from my files or use a hyperlink 2D3E8B41-DC46-451E-B14A-609222FE7016.jpeg

The forum just moved to a complete new engine, and quite a lot of the Q&A still needs to be overhauled to suit.
Sorry about the confusion, we too are still trying to get used to everything.

The forum just moved to a complete new engine, and quite a lot of the Q&A still needs to be overhauled to suit.
Sorry about the confusion, we too are still trying to get used to everything.
Thanks for replying. I quite understand - though it looks as if I may need to copy my pictures from my Mac to my phone in order to upload them to the forum. If you manage to work out why the attachments button does no appear on a Mac though do let me know. Many thanks

Jim

Back