PINKBIKE is exhausting...

I enjoy Pinkbike as a way to keep up with new technology, even though I have no interest in buying 99% or more of what they report on.
I think i might like to enjoy it for that reason, but i can't understand...

A. What they are saying...as far as im aware a "rad" is part of my heating system...i just don't understand how this item is involved....are they jumping them? I know they are are available in convenient 100mm increments.

The same goes for " doing a manual", surely the manufacturer supplies some kind of instruction booklet....it seem remiss to expect the end user to write their own after purchase!

B. Why none of the parts reviewed fit any of my bikes...tyres too big, bars too wide and wrong size, chainrings wrong bcd, and whats with those wierd silver hub protectors on each wheel?

C. How any of those bikes apply to a person living in the great flat lands of the uk....i can only assume their typical readership lives on a cliff in Utah....

I checked again on PINKBIKE as to whether there was a video which didn't involve being in the air half the time.
Nope.
And I needed a good lie down after all the excitement on there.

Only occasionally do they cover distance cycling, actually enjoying somewhere, reflections on being with people etc...

You might like https://bikepacking.com. Awesome photos and long form reads. Quite a retro feel to some of the articles too.

MM1993
Good grief man, for goodness sake get a grip on the contemporary banter amongst the youth in off-road cycling.

Stoked (adjective) means ‘gosh I am far more pleased than I thought I might be’
Whereas
Rad (adjective, verb or noun) means ‘that’s quite an exceptional thing, young man/woman’

Rather oddly in my view, according to the visual record provided by moving images on something I recall as being called Facetube, people can be ‘stoked’ as a result of almost anything, including getting their bicycles off the ground, getting things called ‘likes’, arriving somewhere, eating something, meeting someone and breathing.

Also oddly, almost anything can be ‘rad’, including a pile of earth, a bicycle, any piece of a bicycle, a tree, a path down a hill and a dog.

Personally, I feel that ’pleased’ did a perfectly good job, as did ‘rather good’. But never mind. I am off to hang out with the dudes at the pump track to lay down some trick moves. Or something.

Right....I notice that PINKBIKE has Friday Fails, Saturday Sends, and bi-weekly Sunday Saves.

I think RB should consider a more appropriate RB-oriented set of alternatives for the other days.

Monday Moans (can be anything, bike, politics, aches and pains).
Tuesday Tirades (likewise)
Wednesday Whinges (more of the same, but more whining)
Thursday Tribulations (anything which mildly annoys people)

Senile Sunday? Where we all try and remember what we did last week?
Found it Friday! The part you knew you had, put it down and it vanished from plain sight. Only to appear right in front of you once you’d grovelled around the floor.

Back