My hardtail journey

Saw a video a good while back where a guy seemed not that happy with the quality of a Kingdom hardtail frame.
How is yours?
Fine, it's not quite as nicely finished as my old slackline Ti but it's stood up to plenty of hard riding without an issue. The rear end doesn't feel as compliant as my old slackline either - could be a combination of 12mm bolt through, the seat stay angle or the tubing or just in my head. It's not a deal breaker though and the geometry and standover clearance make up for it.
What were the issues in the video?

Fine, it's not quite as nicely finished as my old slackline Ti but it's stood up to plenty of hard riding without an issue. The rear end doesn't feel as compliant as my old slackline either - could be a combination of 12mm bolt through, the seat stay angle or the tubing or just in my head. It's not a deal breaker though and the geometry and standover clearance make up for it.
What were the issues in the video?
I think the BB threads were misaligned. As in either side was fine on its own, with the BB face perpendicular to the thread, but the faces themselves were not parallel. This resulted in issues with the bearings. It was that Hambini guy. He must have taken the video down. I did not manage to find it.

Great thread. I'm surprised you never tried a cotic in your journey. Some of best bikes I've ridden.
Good point. A couple friends have or had Cotic bikes, so I know them quite well. They never appealed to me that much, though.
They come across a little too polished, I think.

Horses for courses I guess mate.
Indeed.

I just remembered another hardtail that I totally forgot about!
This one now has a Maxxis Crossmark II out back and it's absolutely fine.

It's a 2002 Brodie Kinetic. Some details changed since I took this photo, of course. I got that one before the Trans Am. Frame was dirt cheap at 40€. No rust, no dents, original owner used a paintbrush to touch up the head tube decal.
It's currently hanging in the garage under the ceiling in need of some attention. Drivetrain does not seem too happy.
Fork used to be NOS ;)

p6pb22476754.jpg

Back