Pets

Amanita (Ami for short, and yes named after Fly Agaric), far out and doing a few lengths of a local lake.
I'm still trying to work out if you have a juvenile Loch Ness Monster...

Apologies for the possibly poor taste after the rabbits, here are my ferrets. Initially chosen by my kids from the RSPCA in preference to dog or cat, I have grown really attached to them. We currently have two - one very small jill and a big hob, both rescues. Over the past 11 years we have had 6 rescue ferrets, with very different temperaments and abilities. One was so pleased to learn how to open doors that he spent an entire week doing little more than opening and closing them! With the current two it's a battle of wits with them as they work out new ways to defeat the barrier and get upstairs.

Scientific tests place them as equally intelligent as dogs or cats, but far better at problem solving. I love this one of Bel stealing an orange - note how she swishes her tail like a blind man's stick to find her way when going backwards.

Attachments

• IMG_E1943.JPG
    IMG_E1943.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I'm still trying to work out if you have a juvenile Loch Ness Monster...

:) she just really likes swimming. I used to worry a bit, always waiting to dive in to rescue her, especially in big fast flowing rivers, less so now as she is a really strong swimmer. One of my best memories is swimming down the middle of a wide open river and looking over to Ami swimming at the side of me and my 9yr old daughter swimming at the side of her, a bit surreal at the time.

Here she is in a drier setting, ever vigilante, which is good as i am taking a picture instead of looking where i am going :)

ami1.jpg

Back