Peachy Pace RC529…FINISHED Pg22

going to show my ignorance now but what is it for?

Also, if you decide to sell in a few years, will if cause a problem if it isn't there?

Yarp… for one of these thingamebobs….
And no, I don’t “send” either..
For me it’s surplus to requirements, with a descent modern clutch rear mech, a quality chain and a quality thick tooth/thin tooth chain ring I see no point bolting a guard on.
As for selling? No chance… this is Heirloom territory… 7E2BA52C-CEE3-409F-AD95-AAC14DD22B54.jpeg 34FDE980-D4DB-4F05-99EC-6FD3360E4DAB.jpeg

well, it certainly isn't beautiful but neither are modern chainstays and dropouts - are you thinking of replacing those as well?

It might turn out to be useful.

Keep it.

Personally it would bug the hell out of me and I would want to remove it but not before building the bike up and seeing if it's needed first.

You definitely do not need the tabs if going NW and clutch and never plan on doing any DH type riding, so if your intent on making it a keeper and have already gone as far as to strip that beautiful red coat off then i say go all the way :) 👍

well, it certainly isn't beautiful but neither are modern chainstays and dropouts - are you thinking of replacing those as well?

It might turn out to be useful.

Keep it.

Personally it would bug the hell out of me and I would want to remove it but not before building the bike up and seeing if it's needed first.
Nope… it’s 100% got to go, along with the brazed on eyes on the seat stays…. It’s a Peachy build, that means it’s all about the details 8A6401A0-A0BD-4512-9029-7D73B0811DE8.jpeg

You definitely do not need the tabs if going NW and clutch and never plan on doing any DH type riding, so if your intent on making it a keeper and have already gone as far as to strip that beautiful red coat off then i say go all the way :) 👍
Yup… definitely a keeper, up there in the top 4 (added to my Deerhead equipped Canyon, DuraAced Colstar & Jimmy’s XT adorned RC200)

A couple of carefull tweaks with a diamond bit in the Dremel and all shouldbe peace & calm.. A0FBAA4B-CA26-4B57-A896-205FAAE7D0D0.jpeg

Back