Pace Rc38 air force 2 v brake boss size?

2manybikes

Old School Hero
I've just got some rc38 air force 2 forks with v brake adapters but no bosses.
My bosses, which I'm pretty sure are M10 don't thread in properly. I guess these are the wrong pitch but I'm interested to know if anyone knows what the right pitch thread is, to save me buying by trial and error. I guess it's M10 x 1.25 but can anyone confirm?

Re:

Most pace forks I've had has bosses that were much smaller than other forks thread wise. I think m10 is usually the size for rear frame bosses, m8 for forks. I could be wrong.

Re:

Thanks ishaw, they're definitely m10, but I've now bought some that are 1.25 thread pitch and the thread seems to be wrong. Either they've been previously cross threaded or I guess they might be 1.0 thread pitch

Re:

Drop justbackdated a pm, he will be able to tell you what you need, may even have some.

Re:

I've got an RC38 and it doesnt have v brake bosses. Do you mean bolt on v brake mounts like the old Rc35/6 used to have?

Re:

Hi, this is the Air Force 2, which has the v brake mounts that bolt on behind the magnesium brace.

After much searching around and buying the wrong parts I can confirm if anyone is interested that these are m10x1. 0 bosses. This is very non standard but was apparently also used on some Giant bikes.

Sadly, after having sorted all of this, I fitted the forks to the frame and found they are either twisted or the legs are different lengths! The wheel sits so off-centre that the v brakes can't even be set up! Anyone ever have this issue?

Re:

On mine one of the dropouts for the axle was VERY tight. Had to check it to make sure the wheel was in straight. You think it's in but it's not. Maybe look there?

Re:

I've had similar to the above too. Not just on a fork, but frame drop outs. I hope its nothing, but justbackdated on here can sort out most issues with pace forks. I've had drop outs fitted, even a custom 24 inch rc31 built amongst the usual servicing.

Re:

Thanks for the advice. Tried wheel swapping and the other way around. In the end I went for a long set square to sit in the dropouts. It was about 25 mm overlapping the crown on one side, and 25mm away on the other, so definitely something to do with the leg length. I then used a micrometer depth gauge to ensure the dropouts were the same cut away on each side and they are!
As you can probably tell, I'm a bit measurement festidious!

Back