Organising tools onto wall

I must say i keep mine in roller cab at bottom and drawers on top...reason being i need every so often to take the big top box places....plus, tbh, i go so used working out of a box/ chest at work, putting stuff on the wall seems an alien concept....plus it eats up space for posters!😂

Normally tennis player scratching their bum.....
snap. only place I've ever worked with tools on walls was a shared tools space. it was weird, but it meant at the end of the day you could stand back and ask "ok, which of you feckers has taken the 10 mm spanner home". :)

snap. only place I've ever worked with tools on walls was a shared tools space. it was weird, but it meant at the end of the day you could stand back and ask "ok, which of you feckers has taken the 10 mm spanner home". :)
Exactly this. Works well in schools so the teachers can see how many tools have been stolen/gone AWOL that lesson! They are often referred to as shadow boards. The ones we had in our school were made from plywood with hardwood dowels/blocks to hold the numerous tools, with the shape of the tools painted onto the backboard. And not just some crappy sharpie outlines, but properly painted and they looked awesome! :cool: I did my own in my garage many moons ago... I'll see if I can find an old photo... give me a few days! 😜 Currently I have everything in tool drawers because of sheer lack of space, but would love a shadow board again!

5S your workshop very Japanese efficiency style. You wil be building your bikes using "Lean" principles next!😂

We had a workshop manager who tried to introduce that once....he didn't last long....especially after the young lads would swap 2 of his spanners around on his shadow board every lunchtime! (Well that was who i blamed).

5S your workshop very Japanese efficiency style. You wil be building your bikes using "Lean" principles next!😂

We had a workshop manager who tried to introduce that once....he didn't last long....especially after the young lads would swap 2 of his spanners around on his shadow board every lunchtime! (Well that was who i blamed).
sorry, I only work to the 3s policy.

Exactly this. Works well in schools so the teachers can see how many tools have been stolen/gone AWOL that lesson! They are often referred to as shadow boards. The ones we had in our school were made from plywood with hardwood dowels/blocks to hold the numerous tools, with the shape of the tools painted onto the backboard. And not just some crappy sharpie outlines, but properly painted and they looked awesome! :cool: I did my own in my garage many moons ago... I'll see if I can find an old photo... give me a few days! 😜 Currently I have everything in tool drawers because of sheer lack of space, but would love a shadow board again!
Frequently used in regulated, safety-critical environments too. No one want to leave a loose tool inside a missile or airframe!

I must say i keep mine in roller cab at bottom and drawers on top...reason being i need every so often to take the big top box places....plus, tbh, i go so used working out of a box/ chest at work, putting stuff on the wall seems an alien concept....plus it eats up space for posters!😂

Normally tennis player scratching their bum.....

I recreated this during lockdown boredom

fullsizeoutput_2ebb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2eb8.jpeg

😁

Back