Organising tools onto wall

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Decided I need to mount tools on my wall on the garage whilst I have time to do it.

Basically using screws to hang stuff from is what I’m aiming for. Spanners are easy , bike tools easy , but I’m struggling with Sockets

I’m thinking of buying some socket rails and mounting those to the wall unless anyone can suggest a better idea? Without spending a fortune.

The bit I’m stuck with is how to mount ratchets , breaker bars and extension bars?

Thanks

Bit of 2x1 wood. 1 nail for each socket along the upper 2”” face and mount it horizontally to the tool board. Drop a socket over each nail. Job done.

For the ratchet bar fix in two screws side by side far enough apart so the handle goes between them and the ratchet body rests on them. Extension bars can rest horizontally on two screws.

Re:

Thanks for info but I’m actually sorted. Went with socket rails and magnetic strips. Just waiting on another 6 rails arriving and jobs a fish

Wall mounting bike & other tools is one of my current furlough projects. I found a supply of Tangtastics & malt whisky a worthwhile addition.

Attachments

• IMG_20200505_221110-01_compress55.jpg
    IMG_20200505_221110-01_compress55.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 3,072
Re:

Thats how I need mine ... currently all piled into a Wilko broken plastic drawer set. :facepalm:

Re:

Forgot I’d posted this

Anyway ended up like this. The photo makes stuff look wonky but it isn’t (maybe a little bit not as bad )

Varnishing bare wood work tops can be a good idea sometimes as it cuts down cleaning times and keeps the place cleaner.

Back