Orange P7 - 2002

Re: Orange P7 - 2002 build thread

rwm1962":2z3amtol said:
Thanks. I was wondering if the bars might raise a few eyebrows! They are comfortable & hopefully good for lashing a drybag too.

I like them!

Need a disc p7 in my life...

Re: Orange P7 - 2003 build thread

Had one of those frames. Bit scruffy so gave it to a mate.
Tempted to ask for it back having seen this...quite fancy doing a 700 disc wheel conversation

Re: Orange P7 - 2003 build thread

I've just fitted same bars to my 2001 P7. They're a great all- rounder bike.

Re: Orange P7 - 2002 build thread

A short physio ride & update to build list. Updated the forks to disc only RC36 EVO3's & giving this high end Selle SMP 209 Lite saddle a go. Bargain - 2nd hand from someone who got the test saddle cheap from a closing down sale. Being so out of condition any saddle would feel bad at the moment so too soon to comment.

001_8mar20.jpg 002_8mar20.jpg 003_8mar20.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!
I've just started building my '98 Clockwork with Humpert Space Bugel bars. How did you get on with yours? Did you have to change the stem length/rise to suit? I've read you should angle them down a bit, like you have with the Jones bars. I've no experience with this type of bar. Think the Jones look really cool.

Loved them. I ran them just below level. I never measured the angle. I'd fancied a pair of Jones bars & when a fork, bars & stem came up as a deal I went for it. I'm running those at the recommended 15 degrees (They recommend 15-20).

The Space Bugels may end up on my ebike P7 which is going yet another makeover. As it's a commuter I have flat narrow bars on to get through the anti-motorbike gates without stoping but I think comfort will trump practicality.

I ran the Space Bugels on a 120mm 5 degree stem. I built the bike that way so there no change of stem. The Orange Fido stem in an earlier picture on this thread didn't make it to the build. The stem is a 25.4mm clamp so I couldn't use it on the 31.8mm Jones. The stem that came with the bars is 110mm 0 degree & so far so good. I've done about 150 comfortable miles on it over the last few months. The whole geometry of the bike is different though as the a-c of the forks is a good bit more that what was on before but it climbs well although I've still to try it on proper steep stuff. At least with the Loop bars it's easy to get your weight forward. I dabbled with a flared bar gravel bike in the same period & found the Jones way more comfortable.

Loved them. I ran them just below level. I never measured the angle. I'd fancied a pair of Jones bars & when a fork, bars & stem came up as a deal I went for it. I'm running those at the recommended 15 degrees (They recommend 15-20).

The Space Bugels may end up on my ebike P7 which is going yet another makeover. As it's a commuter I have flat narrow bars on to get through the anti-motorbike gates without stoping but I think comfort will trump practicality.

I ran the Space Bugels on a 120mm 5 degree stem. I built the bike that way so there no change of stem. The Orange Fido stem in an earlier picture on this thread didn't make it to the build. The stem is a 25.4mm clamp so I couldn't use it on the 31.8mm Jones. The stem that came with the bars is 110mm 0 degree & so far so good. I've done about 150 comfortable miles on it over the last few months. The whole geometry of the bike is different though as the a-c of the forks is a good bit more that what was on before but it climbs well although I've still to try it on proper steep stuff. At least with the Loop bars it's easy to get your weight forward. I dabbled with a flared bar gravel bike in the same period & found the Jones way more comfortable.
Thanks for that, just what I needed to hear. Interesting you go with a 120mm stem as I do on my 19" orange hardtails. They normally come with 130's as you know. I left those on for now thinking the back sweep of the bars might cancel out the reach- tbh it looks a bit shite. Really only fitted wheels, tyres, forks, cranks, pedals, seat post and saddle so far to try and gauge the riding position. Think I have a 120 boner fido somewhere. Anyways I ramble on... thanks again for the info

Bit of a change. Now fitted with rigid forks from a Surly Troll & Salsa EXP Anything cages & drybags. Also fitted Jones H-Loop bars & Terra One Rider T1 tyres.
Ancient thread revival! (No idea if anyone will see this...)

How does your P7 with Troll forks ride? Have you stuck with it?
I'm about to build up a 2003(ish) P7 (so probably same geometry as yours) with possibly Troll forks so would love to hear how you've been getting on with your bike!

Back