Orange Frame?

Thanks Those are very ‘Orangey’ cable guides re both form and position.
That ‘on the tilt’ position is distinctive - most cheap alloy frames are on top or on side.
That gusset under the downtube is very O2.
And another thing...
The seat tube slot is at the front...again very Orangey and not cheap copy-ey
Thank you. It does seem a mystery. Odd that it has so many authentic-looking aspects except the serial number.

TBH I'm not sure what I will do about it. I'm obviously not entirely happy, the seller (a bike shop) failed to mention that it had been powder coated or even re-sprayed, when it is quite clear things are not original. They made it clear that they were not sure whether it was a Gringo, but stated it was Series 14 tubing. But as it's been repainted those stickers are not reliable.

Looking back they failed to answer my question about frame numbers too. £135 for a frame that may not even be an Orange seems a lot.

Hmmm I think you are right - if a bike shop they really have to describe it properly. That’s actually part of the Sale of Goods Act.

That's about as useful as a chocolate teapot - thanks for your valuable contribution - where's the facepalm smiley when you need it.

Pete - I'll take a wander down to the workshop - everything still shouts O2 at me - the head tube, rear dropouts. I'll take some pics of mine to compare.

That's about as useful as a chocolate teapot - thanks for your valuable contribution - where's the facepalm smiley when you need it.

Pete - I'll take a wander down to the workshop - everything still shouts O2 at me - the head tube, rear dropouts. I'll take some pics of mine to compare.
I like the chocolate tea pot idea

In my opinion £135 is very strong money for very nice, original O2 frame and far too much for a re-painted Gringo. If you can get a refund, I would.

Prices seem to have dropped back to more sensible levels so a full bike for £150ish should be achievable.

Here you go, is it one of these?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I ment no harm, I never knew there was an orange brand. I kept looking at the frame color, enlarging and trying to see it there were any orange under or overcoat. I finally noticed the orange sticker and I got it. Just trying to help other people who are clueless about the orange brand from wasting valuable seconds of their life. Now I know and will have to look up about orange bikes. Sounds interesting.

Mine is a gloss black and not matt.
Can't see an O-Star logo on the set collar of mine - where is it supposed to be?

The rear dropouts on mine have an O-Star logo on them and an eyelet
IMG_3420.JPG

Rear wishbone has an eyelet too
IMG_3419.JPG
Headtube is the same as yours
IMG_3423.JPG

Eyelet on the chain stay bridge
IMG_3421.JPG

Cable guides
IMG_3422.JPG

Bottle & Crud bosses
IMG_3424.JPG

Mine is a gloss black and not matt.
Can't see an O-Star logo on the set collar of mine - where is it supposed to be?

The rear dropouts on mine have an O-Star logo on them and an eyelet
View attachment 554587

Rear wishbone has an eyelet too
View attachment 554586
Headtube is the same as yours
View attachment 554588

Eyelet on the chain stay bridge
View attachment 554589

Cable guides
View attachment 554591

Bottle & Crud bosses
View attachment 554593
Thank you Carge, mine looks a similar finish, but the paint has gone over the various bosses so is obviously not original.
In Common:
I have the bottle and crud catcher bosses (although painted over).
My cable guides look like yours.
I eyelet on the chain stay bridge
Headtube looks the same.

Different
Can't see O-Star logo on drop outs (painted over though?)
No eyelet on drop out
No Rear wishbone eyelet.

Do you know what your serial number is?

Thanks for helping everyone.

Back