Oh dear - head above parapet - my view of Kleins…...

Geesh ... how much did Gary K pay to get that on screen?.... incidentally that flat green was exactly the colour of the Pinnacle which I had....

I did get to scratch the klein itch when I bought a gator liner fade rascal. Kitted out with m900, ringle and cooks.

Looked amazing, but it was the harshest bike I've ever ridden. I got numb feet and hands after 10 mins on the flat.

While the paint was something different, its not as though other brands weren't doing nice jobs themselves.

I don't understand how they hold such value, I much prefer my dbr axis tt, raleigh team ti and other builds that have come and gone.

ishaw...hurrah!...another glimpse of reality....yep, that was my experience - really unforgiving, any pedal input drives an immediate surge forward, and beats you up at the same time...

Never had one; never will.

Never had that much money to burn, and don't imagine I ever will.

Even if I did, I think I would rather have something more interesting, and by the sounds of it, something that will perform better for a fraction of the price.

Actually, I could have two.

Or three.

Which sounds more fun to me then the perfect fade, internal cabling, and a fat downtube.

Unless there's something else about them I'm missing? Which, based on the above, there's not.

My Rascal with FS is very nice to ride. My rigid MC1 Attitude is also very nice to ride, but has to be ridden in a different way. My rigid S-Works Steel is possibly the nicest bike I've ever ridden, and always the bike I grab first. I didn't ride a bike with suspension until 2004 - my Pace RC-200 f3 with MXCD forks. Read into that what you will!

(I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth)
Don't know $H1t about Kleins but I remember riding aluminium contemparies and hating them- RSI after 200 yards...

I'm not a 'fan boy', but as with everything, you can't judge all by the experience of one or few.

Back