Odd duck Pro Fro

eshew

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Having a heated discussion with a good friend as to where and how this Pro Fro came about. Oval top and down tubes as well as a non drive side BB gusset have us both confused.... Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 52
Well that's good to know. Couldn't find any info on the oval down tube, I thought it was commonly an oval top tube & round down tube. Also looks like the head tube and seat tube are a little taller than normal...always wanted a FRO. Regardless, should be in my grubby little hands in a few weeks :)

Attachments

• 00r0r_3aDop7X61GVz_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg
    00r0r_3aDop7X61GVz_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Finally picked up the bike, apparently it was made/owned by a Yeti welder. Downtube looks like it came from a Barracuda, foil shaped tear drop-ish. Measures within a few MM of the yeti build ones. Average measurements are 42.5mm tall, 28.5mm wide. Guessing it was pieced together with various tubes laying around the factory, tough to say the year, no serial. Rides like a dream though :)

The guy I bought it from (3rd owner) had some wild parts, the Joes rear derailleur was my personal favorite lol.

Attachments

• day 1 1.jpg
    day 1 1.jpg
    663.6 KB · Views: 16
  • day 1 2.jpg
    day 1 2.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 18
  • joes der 1.jpg
    joes der 1.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 16
  • joes der.jpg
    joes der.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 16
Are you sure there's no serial on the inside of the non-drive side dropout? It's usually under a think later of powdercoat, so look carefully.
Not that that will say anything about the year of manufacture, but still :)

Not a hint of a serial anywhere. I'm guessing the welder just built it up from tubes and it was just an "off the books" frame.

Yeah it's a 1-1/4" headtube, guy I bought it from put in 1-1/8" reducers. With the price & lack of availability on 1-1/4" Accu-Trac forks I'll probably keep it this way for a while. Looking for a 120mm higher rise Atac stem.

Hot wheels may have been asleep at the keyboard, Drive side Gusset is standard

Back