No more bikes!

I have one that chages every time I find something interesting. Once it was a Single speed (a mongoose Maurice, quite nice), other a Grisley or BH Mega, other GT timberline 1997 (the last one ) and now it will be a Stumpjumper M5. And perhaps in several moths a gravel. This last one has no rules, only not expensive components and 2nd hand is allowed to reduce cost. It is fun to built it and test it. If I like I keep for long time if not goes out fast.

It's impossible to have too many bikes.
That's like having too much money :) hehe
I currently have 4 bikes in my one bedroom apartment in the city and 4 more at my beach house.
My girlfriend calls my apartment the bike shop!

Attachments

• 100 Bike Shop.jpg
    100 Bike Shop.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 16
Hi , my name is Mat . I'm a bike-a-holic . I haven't bought a bicycle in 13 months..........
Last month I sold one for the first time . It was ok ........

Ego: I am so happy with this build, see how it goes down and up hill so soothly and easily, see the gorgeous new decals
😐

ID: But you know that you must build another, just think of the pleasures of searching, and buying, and building; oh, the possibilities
👿

Superego: shut up and ride.
🧔

Last edited:
Building
First build: intriguing. Second: I like this. Third: I know what I'm doing now. Fourth: here we go again. Fifth: am I really doing this again? Sixth: can't be bothered with the hassle but I'd like to ride this. Seventh: no, just no! Diminishing marginal utility.

Riding
Ride n+1: I really like this still. n+2: and I still like this. n+3: I don't think I'm going to stop liking this. Undiminished marginal utility.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

After many years with far too many bikes I now have just 3,

A Roberts Road bike, a Roberts White Spider and a Kona Explosif.

One of the best things I ever did.

I ride them more and appreciate them more, but always tempted though 😀

After many years with far too many bikes I now have just 3,

A Roberts Road bike, a Roberts White Spider and a Kona Explosif.

One of the best things I ever did.

I ride them more and appreciate them more, but always tempted though 😀

What about the Marin then?

I'm really struggling at the moment to get the fleet down. I want / think I need:

A road bike
A do it all/touring bike
A rigid MTB
A single speed MTB
A hardtail MTB
A full suspension MTB

I'd also like a folding bike and an e-bike.

On top of all that there's the tandem, kids bikes, wife's bike.

Oh and a motorbike.

That's at least 12 bikes not allowing for bikes the kids have grown out of / are about to grow into and a road bike and an MTB for my wife.

At the moment I definitely have duplicates of the above, and projects in progress intended as new and improved versions of "what I need". I haven't counted but it's too much.

Mainly I just ride down the up and down the hill to Lidls on an £80 1997 rockhopper with a rack on the back to pick up a few bits of shopping.

Over the road there's a nice looking 70s tourer dumped in a pile of rubble in a neighbour's front garden. Can I resist ringing on the doorbell to ask about it?

The Marin is a test bike for parts 😉

Have you still got the Kona Dew ?

No, didn't keep it for long... didn't get on with it geometry wise for some reason - too leisurely. Sold to a local guy who was going to commute on it.

I'm going to have a look through my projects this afternoon and see if I can bear to rationalise...

Back