NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL v.2

Re: Re:

torqueless":1uiba9js said:
Found an old pic of Mick Brown, a local pro from the 60s, showing how it was done then.
Looks like he is using Simplex SLJ, which means that the photo must be 1972 or later. My go-to archive site lists Evian-Simplex teams only for 1975, '76, and '77. Judging from the rest of his equipment, I'd say 1975.

I stand corrected. Yes, Mick was with Evian-Simplex for those years.

Cycling reviews from past and present...
Cycling 'Bike of the Month' Utube presentation approximately 9 minutes in..
https://youtu.be/CZLkHtgADww
And Cycling 27th November 1982 edition review below.. :xmas-cool:

Attachments

• TI-Raleigh_p4(Nov'82_Cycling).jpg
    TI-Raleigh_p4(Nov'82_Cycling).jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 553
The original thread was locked not because of anything to do with Raleigh or the quality of the bike, frame etc but because of how far off topic it had gone and the behaviour towards some members that was drawing complaints. It degenerated into several peoples opinions dominating the discussion and those that didn't agree felt that they were being either put down or almost ridiculed so it was shut. That wouldn't have mattered whether it was a Raleigh thread or an Orange Clockwork thread, it was getting away from a normal discussion. Basically it was closed due to the behaviour towards each other more than anything to do with the subject material.
personally this page here is how it should be discussed.

Jamie

Re:

some people get mixed up with SBDU and Raleigh Special Products. Not so much on here, but ive seen it on other forums
Don’t forget that:

SBDU was merged into the lightweight division (which became RSP’s) and moved from Ilkeston to Nottingham.

The same SBDU people like GOD and all of the elite framebuilders made and designed frames for Special Products.

So, once SBDU closed down it wasn’t the end an era, like some people say, and no world class frames were made again, as all the knowledge, experience, and craftsmanship of SBDU was merged into the Lightweight Division and then RSP’s: the same people worked there.

Apologies, if this has already been mentioned as I normally read entire threads but have just discovered this.

Back