New project - 2002 Turner XCE

Gil’s done yet another amazing job supplying decals, love these 😎👌

Couldn’t resist and have purchased a Chris King headset off of here, nothing wrong with the Cane Creek S2, intact it’s very nice but couldn’t say no when offered a good price on the CK!

Attachments

• IMG_8354.jpeg
    IMG_8354.jpeg
    701.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8356.jpeg
    IMG_8356.jpeg
    741.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8355.jpeg
    IMG_8355.jpeg
    616.2 KB · Views: 15
The re build starts, sadly it looks like Royalmail have lost my tracked and signed for parcel containing a CK headset so can’t hold off any longer.

Attachments

• IMG_8395.jpeg
    IMG_8395.jpeg
    790.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8396.jpeg
    IMG_8396.jpeg
    623 KB · Views: 13
That brings back some memories! When I finished grad school back in 2003, Supergo or Cambria Bikes was clearing the 02 XCE frames out for a thousand bucks or so. I convinced myself I "deserved" to splurge on a new bike (its easy to settle any dissonance when you really want something!) I loved that bike and you will enjoy every mile you put on that bad boy!

That brings back some memories! When I finished grad school back in 2003, Supergo or Cambria Bikes was clearing the 02 XCE frames out for a thousand bucks or so. I convinced myself I "deserved" to splurge on a new bike (its easy to settle any dissonance when you really want something!) I loved that bike and you will enjoy every mile you put on that bad boy!

Nice to hear your memories, I presume you no longer have yours? I am sure you totally deserved it though 😜

I cannot wait to get it out in the early winter mud and test it through the rooty downhill sections in the woods near me, the bike just looks like it’s asking to be thrashed!

Fingers crossed I have some spare time tomorrow to do just this.

I don't. I sold it to years ago and it felt like I was abandoning my baby. Back in 04, I sent that Fox Vanilla RC shock to Push Industries when they were still a small company in their original building in CO, and it made that frame 10x better.

Back