My PEUGEOT Collection - One bike at a time

wow lovely collection! Do you know when peugeot stopped making bikes in france? I read somewhere in the late 90's? I'd like the energy 400/500 (can't remember the number) from 97

Rank_21":1i0obdvk said:
wow lovely collection! Do you know when peugeot stopped making bikes in france? I read somewhere in the late 90's? I'd like the energy 400/500 (can't remember the number) from 97

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, they really did loose their way after 2000. For sure the energy 400/500 and Team 6000 framesets were the last of the good stuff they did. I nearly purchased an energy 500 just 4 weeks ago but bottled it last minute.

So here is my Sahara, definitely at the lower end of the range. It slotted in just above the Peugeot Trail or later Raider. A very good school friend had this bike while I had the Peugeot Trail (bright pink/black). It unusually came with the Sachs groupset which was purposeful, solid and very reliable. Finding one in decent condition took 3yrs, but perseverance works and eventually a mint one turned up. As always, a full strip down, clean, and rebuild took place to bring it back to perfect working order & shine.

Enjoy the bright yellow ;) Sahara (1).jpg

Last edited:
Slotting in above the Sahara, was the Peugeot Anaconda. Once again a brightly coloured bike running the Shimano 200GS featuring rapid fire. Luck came my way back in 2013 when the owner from new put it up on gumtree down in London for £60. More luck came my way that he regularly drove to Aberdeen and would deliver it to my door too. Ridden only a few times and featured on a garage wall in a heated garage. Making it almost NOS. Restoring was minimal and featured a period bottle and pump too which I kept on the bike.

I always likes the stamped/ branded Peugeot handle bars on this bike and on the Team Canyon Pro which I will feature later. Anaconda (1).jpg

Last edited:
Im going to skip one model, the Peugeot Python that was above the Anaconda... as I have 3 of them and non have been restored yet 🤦 🤦 🤦 . Work in progress. So I'll come back to this model later.

BUT, the one I will restore is from the actual very bike shop Ythan Cycles i used to goto as a teenager. So at some point i probably saw this very bike in the shop window back in 1989/90ish :cool: Python (1).jpg

Last edited:
Ah the Peugeot Blackrock, epic memories of actually owning this model. I used to race this bike regularly both off road and in time trials. I had a set of second wheels with slick tyres on on that I used to swap around. Having 2nd bikes was well out of our reach for my parents so was told to make do with one... and which I did! loved it, cycled it everywhere, raced it as much as possible and cut my early mtb / time trial days on it... featuring the Shimano Exage 500lx groupset it was a stealthy looking bike all in black Blackrock (1).jpg

Last edited:
Back