My dream bike/spec -1994 Pace RC200 F3 - BOTM December 2020

Re:

Need to get some decent pictures of this bike once the weather lets up a bit. Got a moody black and white pic of it in the workshop the other day

p4pb19779670.jpg

Re:

Got these pictures in order to enter the festive December BOTM. When I saw the theme I had an idea in my head of a picture and thought that it would be easy to find a nativity, but it turned out that decent ones are few and far nowadays. After almost giving up hope of finding what I had in mind in time I found this one pre-lockdown tucked away in Devon near to where I grew up 250 miles from where I am based now.

The BOTM poll is here - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=422756

p4pb19886806.jpg

p4pb19886807.jpg

Re: Re:

44Racing":21bjoadp said:
Need to get some decent pictures of this bike once the weather lets up a bit. Got a moody black and white pic of it in the workshop the other day

p4pb19779670.jpg

Don't tell Kona HQ, but I prefer this over your beautiful HH. There's something about it...it's just spot on and looks like it'll go like stink.

Re: Re:

al-onestare":335vytap said:
44Racing":335vytap said:

p4pb19779670.jpg

Don't tell Kona HQ, but I prefer this over your beautiful HH. There's something about it...it's just spot on and looks like it'll go like stink.

Ha ha cheers mate.

It’s hard to get pictures to show how “race” this bike actually is as it looks fast just sitting still in the flesh.

This is pretty much the same weight as the Hei Hei and there’s not that much titanium on this...well apart from the majority of the bolts, bb axle, saddle rails, Q/R’s, front hub, cassette and some carbon thrown in for good measure :cool: ...however the Hei Hei is covered in titanium.

Awesome build. Really enjoyed the thread. Would love first dibs should it ever become available. Perfect size. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome build. Really enjoyed the thread. Would love first dibs should it ever become available. Perfect size. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers mate 👍

If I do choose to sell then I’ll let you know. It won’t be cheap though.

Cheers mate 👍

If I do choose to sell then I’ll let you know. It won’t be cheap though.
Great stuff. Will keep in touch. I remember going to Cycle expo at Alexandria and seeing the Pace guys. The only thing I could afford was the jersey which I used to wear churning down the local bridle paths on my Diamnond back Apex which the hideous brahama bar. Good old days.

Beautiful and the Geoff Waugh pictures are the icing on the cake.
When i was a kid i wanted an rc100 and, a few years later, i was lucky enough to pick up an ex team rc200f6 (for a small fortune). At the time it was great as a race bike but bikes (and geometry) moved on. Years later i rebuilt it around a 100mm travel fork and it turned into a wonderful trail bike (slacker head angle and more travel at the expense of a higher BB).
I sold it on again after a few years but still have a hankering after one every now and again.

Back