My dream bike/spec -1994 Pace RC200 F3 - BOTM December 2020

Re: Re:

al-onestare":3vywqdij said:
Beautiful! How does she ride?

Thank you.

I’ve had a gentle pedal around on it to check it was all functioning and it felt nice. Lengths/geometry feel way ahead of it’s time.

Re: My dream bike/spec from when I was 15 - 1994 Pace RC200 F3

prezza":3j04ghb5 said:
Wow! Bet that’s been a total labour of love.

Garage queen/wall hanger??

Outstanding!

Thank you. Yeah it’s definitely consumed some hours and £££. I think all in all it’s taken around 2.5 years to source the parts so far and I’m still hunting for 2 chainrings to class it as truly finished.

Yeah this is a workshop wall hanger for reminiscing. It’s fully functional and everything works perfectly/as it should, but I’ve got modern bikes for riding.

I’ve got a new 94 dream bike build underway, so when I get time I’ll start a new post/thread for it.

Inspirational stuff.....quality finish..

Peachy!":14782zcj said:
Inspirational stuff.....quality finish..

Thank you

longun":bt7bbm8e said:
Luuurrrvely bud

Cheers mate, it turned out better than I thought :D

44Racing":3fwmecy1 said:
al-onestare":3fwmecy1 said:

Thank you.

I’ve had a gentle pedal around on it to check it was all functioning and it felt nice. Lengths/geometry feel way ahead of it’s time.

It screams ride me hard and fast so I hope you get on it when the weather improves in the spring.

al-onestare":386usbxp said:
44Racing":386usbxp said:
al-onestare":386usbxp said:

Thank you.

It screams ride me hard and fast so I hope you get on it when the weather improves in the spring.

This one is a workshop queen for reminiscing, I’ve got modern bikes for riding

Amazing build, would look nice with a blue Pace renthal bar me thinks

fattiman":da5fe03s said:
Amazing build, would look nice with a blue Pace renthal bar me thinks

Thank you :D

At first I did consider going down that route bar wise, but was then thinking what seat post would match, however I then decided to stick to the plan of my dream build from back in the day that had USE seatpost, bars and barends so I wanted to stick to what I set out to build. As luck would have it I (actually completely unplanned) had matching NOS USE bars, seat post and barends in “stock” in silver, turquoise and blue, so i trial fitted each colour combo and decided that the silver suited the build best (in my opinion), so went down that route.

Theoretically you shouldn’t use a shimmed seat post in an RC200, but at 15 I had no idea, so stuck to the dream build.

fantastic a real labour of love and it is great to see you finally have the bike you dreamed off

Back