Mtb Titanium - Columbus Hyperion

Porkers

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone, I found this old frame of a bottecchia mtb (Italian brand) 883T. It is a very rare discovery because it was made of titanium, more precisely in Columbus Hyperion. It should be from 1994/1995. It was never commercialized, so I think it's a numbered chassis (N.9) for the team, but I'm not sure. I think it's the only mtb made with this material. Has anyone ever heard of it?

Attachments

• IMG_2561.jpeg
    IMG_2561.jpeg
    468 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2565.jpeg
    IMG_2565.jpeg
    384.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2566.jpeg
    IMG_2566.jpeg
    388.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2564.jpeg
    IMG_2564.jpeg
    453.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2558.jpeg
    IMG_2558.jpeg
    535.6 KB · Views: 86
Lovely. Date line seems about right, more to 95 at a guess. Don't take this wrong way, but back then I would suspect this was a sub-contract build ordered by Bottecchia. Who actually built is potentially an eternal mystery. Pretty sure it will be a nice ride when built up.

Very nice!

There are some other MTBs too, all italian, of course...

Simonelli

and even Bianchi
Wow thank you so much for your cooperation. I've been searching the net for days and I hadn't found anything. I'm trying to find this information to reconstruct the story of this frame

Wow thank you so much for your cooperation. I've been searching the net for days and I hadn't found anything. I'm trying to find this information to reconstruct the story of this frame
I think it's even hard to find some information about Bottechia MTBs in general, those seem to never stood in focus of this brand, or had been later rather just entry level bikes at later times when Bottechia was rather just a sticker for bikes produced by someone else cheap.

End of 80ties-ish ad
Bottecchia Guanaco Prospekt.jpg

1990 brochure
Bottecchia MTB 1990.jpg

1992 Portfolio
Bottecchia Portfolio aus Catalogo Solo Bici 1992.jpg

Based on the used Columbus Hyperion tubes, I would also date yours to ~1995.

More of the Speed Project Lite, please!

Speed Project Light Ad aus Guida Biciletta 1992.jpg

The text says "If you have the legs to win, we have the winning bikes"
"And in pursuing this objective we created the Speed Project Lite which, due to the technologies used and materials used, guarantees maximum
reliability in resistance while maintaining a weight of 9.3 kg."

Back