Mountain Cycle San Andreas Rebuild

Ok, remeasured and the discs are 200 and 180mm.

Looking at this, with the 180 fitted on the rear wheel, it looks too small and the pads, if fitted, will not be fully on the disc.
46806655935_2f0d8cfb6f_c.jpg

I can’t test fit the fronts yet, as I’ve not got new bearings for a 20mm axle.

Re: Re:

Timoth27":mr0flw7n said:
Ok so I think you first have to check 2 things:

What calipers you have and what size your discs are?

If the discs are as you say 180 & 200 then they won’t work with your m4 (silver 2 piece) callipers.

You have some options though:

Change the discs for the correct ones- 185/165 (No3)or 205/185 with the +20 adapters or change the callipers for No8’s.

Or change the calipers (and possibly the levers) for mono M4 and keep the discs you have.

I can prob help you out with discs and calipers if you want to swap for the cost of postage unless your near the Forest of Dean in which case we can meet up.

Can you show me what you have then for discs please?
I'd rather just sort it with discs then having to change calipers, and that way I'd have a matching pair. I'll have to order another Hope adaptor bracket for the front then too it seems.

Re:

With the bearing measure the ones you have and check here to see what number they are then just google them.

https://www.hopetech.com/_repository/1/ ... Chart1.pdf

As for the axle spacers the sizes you need are

20mm hope spacers measurements
Disc/Non Disc
21mm/19mm

Weather you buy new or second hand you must make sure they are the correct size (and way around) as there and half a dozen diffent lengths for the diffent hubs (bigun,bulb,pro2 and pro2 evo/pro4).

There is actually a red big un on eBay with red 20mm adaptors already on. It might be the easiest way, by the time I've spent on new adaptors, polished the black off and sent them off for anodising. Plus I can rebuild the hub and sell on.

Re:

Just about to go sort out what discs I have but I’d take that bigun off you if you like. I’ll post up some pics of what I have

Back