Mountain Cycle San Andreas Rebuild

Big un adaptors unscrew using two allen keys. The qr hole is hex for them.

And I think what Tim was meaning is that earlier brakes that you might put on go up in increments of 5mm, so its 165 not 160 etc. All fine till you mount a brake and find its moderness is for 160 and doesnt fit, same applies the other way around. The rotors have the extra 5mm and the caliper when fitted is for 160

EG - A C2 hope No3 caliper is for 185mm, but a mono mini from a few years later is 180mm on the same No3. Try fitting it to the brake and it wont go on. It needs to be the right diameter for caliper year wise. Hope, they're forever doing this :?
This is of course for IS mounting.

If PM, then I've always just slipped some washers under the caliper to lift it.

Can I ask which model of brake is it ?

Yes, it seems to be the case. With the 203?? mm disc on the back (forks not ready yet) and the HBIS20 bracket on, the disc is too big for the M4 no.3 calliper.

47670225342_c60f91228e_c.jpg

I’m somewhat annoyed now that I paid an extra £20 to have that 180 disc put in with the wheel and dodgy c/sinks aside, it doesn’t match the other bigger one.

I’d gone off too soon, as it were.

Having just measured the discs, I’m pretty sure they were 180 and 200mm.
That was measuring across the flat disc off the bike, so I could swing the rule to ensure it was a true diameter.

Re:

Have you got A pic of the 2 discs I might have a matching one. Your 200mm disc will (as you have found) definitely not fit on the back as it should be 185. Like I said before If your interested I think I have several No8’s if you would like to swap them and do away with the +20 adapters. Or go the other way and match the discs (I can prob help with that) to the calipers you have.

you have an early hub (same as mine) with that axle, I was lucky as I was changing to 20mm so Didn’t need the qr

Re:

Yes, me too though I’ve still got to get my head around what’s required for the 20mm axle.

Here’s the discs I have now.
46808657655_29545c027f_c.jpg

I’d prefer to match the bigger one so I can lose the countersunk one.

Timoth27":1in6a08j said:
Supratada":1in6a08j said:
Bejesus, whoever owned my front wheel before me has countersunk the fixing holes.

33839067938_a34ff67bc1_b.jpg

Not the same guy who drilled into the bars and stem but cut from the same cloth it seems.

Yours don’t look great but my original (97) disc is countersink like that so could be original.

The countersunk hole is correct! Hope did that, I do not know why.....!

Had the same issue when I used some of these brakes on one of my Mountain Cycles. Keeps the brain working.....

Re:

Ok so I think you first have to check 2 things:

What calipers you have and what size your discs are?

If the discs are as you say 180 & 200 then they won’t work with your m4 (silver 2 piece) callipers.

You have some options though:

Change the discs for the correct ones- 185/165 (No3)or 205/185 with the +20 adapters or change the callipers for No8’s.

Or change the calipers (and possibly the levers) for mono M4 and keep the discs you have.

I can prob help you out with discs and calipers if you want to swap for the cost of postage unless your near the Forest of Dean in which case we can meet up.

Back