Manitou fs 1996 Xtr m900 finished pictures on pg4

Magpiegifts

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Firstly let me apologize for the poorly lit pictures, you can still make out the frame (just about)

About time I started my first build thread on here, I've been putting it off for to long.

So without further ado I bring you this Manitou fs stamped June 96' underneath. Sadly not the earlier suspension seat stay model, but still a thing of beauty in my eyes. And crack-free
This frame is in superb condition, and I think will build up into a fantastic looking bike!

Apologies for the poor images. Seriously need to invest in a device with a quality camera. And a bicycle maintenance stand also

I'll be building it up with parts that I think look the part. This won't be a strict, period correct build, or catalogue spec. Just one that to me is pleasing on the eye.... Mostly mid 90's bits though.

I managed to source a Syncros bottom bracket that was super lightweight, and a NOS satellite headset 3dv. Wasn't a great deal in 1.25" threaded available.

So far I've gathered some bits together.

Attachments

• IMG_20201224_155709_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    IMG_20201224_155709_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 867
Re:

Few bits I'll be adding. I'm waiting on a few items still, although Santa has dropped off the majority already. :xmas-big-grin:

Attachments

• 16088305837031810499079.jpg
    16088305837031810499079.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 876
This silk look lovely! Wow looking forward to seeing this taking Shape
Really nice classy selection of parts you have there!

ibbz":23yf8coz said:
This silk look lovely! Wow looking forward to seeing this taking Shape
Really nice classy selection of parts you have there!
Thanks mate,I'm surprised you can make half of them out it's so poorly lit!

I'm undecided on wheels though, I'll upload pics later and gather your opinion

Re:

Decided on these Spengle MTB3 carbon wheels. Chucked a few bits on and I like where it's going. Not sure about the saddle though. Think the grey xlite saddle I've bought will look better maybe.

Attachments

• 20201225_164107_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    20201225_164107_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 757
Re: Re:

Magpiegifts":3aqvwo9h said:
Decided on these Spengle wheels. Chucked a few bits on and I like where it's going. Not sure about the saddle though.
That looks wicked! Just such a retro and classy expensive look to it
I’ve never considered Mag wheels before

Back