Making things harder for yourself

SE bikes did a retro look nut shaped spacer, I have one on a bike, but not sure where you'd find one.

Plus, this looks interesting, I've never seen it before, an adjustable spacer?

I still don't really understand what you want to achieve though? Isn't life complicated enough?

I'm the other way round. Just ordered two adapters from threaded to ahead.

Should we just swap our frames? Mine are 57cm.

Should be easy enough, you would just need a locking spacer to hold the headset adjustment, then you can take the ahead stem off and insert the quill stem. Play around with steerer length etc to keep it looking ok. But remember to check the steerer ID and wall thickness, if these are not right then there is a risk of the quill stem wedge damaging the steerer tube.

+1 :confused:

Is it so you can have more freedom of height adjustment with a quill stem or just the look?
+2 🤨
I get it for looks....there's no alloy ahead stem I like all too fat and bolts hanging out everywhere...not eye pleasing at all. Steel ahead much better with internal clamp!

It's doable but care needs to be taken...where the wedge clamps and how that relates to where your clamping collar is ...is important....

+2 🤨
I get it for looks....there's no alloy ahead stem I like all too fat and bolts hanging out everywhere...not eye pleasing at all. Steel ahead much better with internal clamp!

It's doable but care needs to be taken...where the wedge clamps and how that relates to where your clamping collar is ...is important....
+3
What about something like this:
1659794738903.png

This whole crowd, for me? 😊

Why do I want to do this? Boredom?

~scans through thread~

'Height adjustment', oh yes, they'll like that! Yes, it's for height adjustment!

So, I was thinking that'd it'd be really neat for stuff like height adjustment, looks and also it'd make people go "You're not quite right in the head, are you?" and out of pity they'd get me stuff from the supermarket.

Mickey, am I right to assume you mean that I have to take care of where I wedge the quill in relation to where my collars are? That's a good point.

why do they always have to come up with good reasons to -not- do stuff, we wants to do stuff!!!

Back