MacRetro chat and rides thread

That’s easy. I’ve a saddle and some grips that need used, all I have to buy is a frame, some forks, wheels, tyres, brakes, seatpost and a groupset. No need to buy a whole bike 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s easy. I’ve a saddle and some grips that need used, all I have to buy is a frame, some forks, wheels, tyres, brakes, seatpost and a groupset. No need to buy a whole bike 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've a solitary spoke nipple sat here, seems a shame to waste it ... Oh well.... nothing for it then.... New bike time!!!! 🤣

I’m on a strict! 2 out 1 in rule for the foreseeable future 😔. The better half drew a line after my last purchase.

I’m on a strict! 2 out 1 in rule for the foreseeable future 😔. The better half drew a line after my last purchase.
It’s amazing how this rule never seems to apply to the other half’s shoes, handbags etc and it would be a very brave man who dares to mention the cost or frequency of the Hairdresser!

Chaos Theory is best demonstrated by a man without a woman to constrain his interests. SWWBO keeps us retro bikers under control and prevents retro junk critical mass. I nearly caused the implosion of the universe but acquired another partner just in the knick of time....... Phew😉

If you need rid of the Klein, I could give it a good home. Minus the grips and saddle of course.

😂 the Adroit will be the last to go and Jack has dibs on it. I’m trying to move my Attitude on though without much luck. I must be asking too much for it. After that I think it’s gonna need to be a Kona, then I’m kinda stuck. Still need to dig out parts to move on so that might be a job for the weekend.

I've a solitary spoke nipple sat here, seems a shame to waste it ... Oh well.... nothing for it then.... New bike time!!!! 🤣
Don't joke about it. I've done just that. Although to be fair it was 72 spoke nipples.

I'd noticed an old Peugeot mtb destined for the scrap had hex headed nipples and I though, "Ooh, that would make for an interesting wheel build".

Shortly after harvesting the hex headed nipples the burden of having 72 unattached nipples lead to a wheel build. I already had a nice new 36 hole S-A hub so it was only a matter of buying 36 spokes and a rim.

Then it became pressingly obvious that having one unmatched wheel hanging around was causing me stress and it became necessary to purchase another hub, spokes and rim so I could have a matching pair of wheels.

That of course lead to needing a frame to attach them to, etc etc and like magic I had a complete "new" bike.

I had barely got over the excitement of having another bike when I realised I had a problem.

The spokes I had bought came with ordinary slot headed nipples, so now I have 72 brand-new unused shiny nipples sitting in a little jar in front of me.

It plainly evident that I now have a pressing need to find a rim and hub and some spokes to use them up on so that they are not wasted.

Back