MacRetro chat and rides thread

When I'm bored in my man cave, especially in the cold dark winter months, I often ponder why my John Thomas shrinks to the size of a reasonably sized banana. Sometimes it really stresses me out.

Plans for wooden bicycle I was going to attempt to build and ride at UK single speed championships have ground to a halt. No time to dedicate to idea, no decent materials and unfortunately absolutely no talent at building the bike. Sorry to those who wanted to see it ridden and possibly fail.
However I will not play totally safe, my bike for the championships will be totally stupid. A 20" wheeled shopper is current favourite :)

Can anyone recommend a good (accurate) tyre pressure gauge to use on my bikes. The built in ones on my pumps are more of a "guesstimate" I think.

I usually judge it by eye.

If it's like this I usually add a bit more air...
istockphoto-887148208-612x612.jpg

Otherwise, I just go and ride.

Plans for wooden bicycle I was going to attempt to build and ride at UK single speed championships have ground to a halt. No time to dedicate to idea, no decent materials and unfortunately absolutely no talent at building the bike. Sorry to those who wanted to see it ridden and possibly fail.
However I will not play totally safe, my bike for the championships will be totally stupid. A 20" wheeled shopper is current favourite :)
Wow! I've recently been thinking of building a wooden bike. After seeing some wooden rims somewhere...poss ebay. Ghisallo? Or similar looking/sounding name?

Wow! I've recently been thinking of building a wooden bike. After seeing some wooden rims somewhere...poss ebay. Ghisallo? Or similar looking/sounding name?
And when I did my year's stint in Edinburgh Bike Station...before the effin fire anyway...they had some bamboo kits and one made up on t'counter. (They also had an Allsop Softride someone donated which melted).

Back