MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

It's this shite soft Scottish rain, not like proper 'ard Yorkshire rain :LOL:

It was actually rather pleasant on my ride this morning.
Road ride that is....
Still waiting for my forks to be serviced, 3+ weeks I've been waiting :roll: I should have just sent them off to TF Tuned!

Re: Re:

jimo746":16thohok said:
Still waiting for my forks to be serviced, 3+ weeks I've been waiting :roll: I should have just sent them off to TF Tuned!

Where did you send them? Outer Mongolia?

clubby":27jcd28x said:
jimo746":27jcd28x said:

Where did you send them? Outer Mongolia?

Someone local, who then sent them to Basecamp Bikes in Grantown, if I'd known that I'd have just taken them there myself and cut out the middleman :facepalm:

Never again....

RobMac":9zde2xsi said:
Jimo is that Edinburgh?

I was about to ask who this was : Wasn't there a service centre in Edinburgh who then moved to Perthshire? Are they the same shop?

RobMac":347ip8mc said:
Jimo is that Edinburgh?

No, someone local to Aberdeen.
I'll reserve judgement till when I get the (DT Swiss) forks back (I dropped them off with the guy on 22nd June, he said they'd been done and he should have them back by last Friday, no communication or idea of price yet though :roll:).

Re:

Base camp bikes are in Grantown on Spey. Used to have the shop at Laggan as well before it closed down.
Flotec used to be Edinburgh but moved to Dunkeld. They closed up last year as Taj and Jules got an offer to be a Fox tech on the World Cup Circuit full time.

Shame, as they were an easy drop off and pick up for me. Nice to be able to go in and chat over tuning options as well. Stirling Bike Doctor looks like the nearest option for me now.

Anyone been to Glenlivet trail centre?
I'm going to be in Tomintoul for a wee family break 3-5th August and it would be a shame not to visit the trails however my 19 year old daughter , who has never been mountain biking , wants to come with me !!
I'm sure she'd manage the blue but how red is the red? Some reds are more red than others and some reds are almost black so I'd like an honest opinion from those who have actually ridden it

Back