MacRetro Anniversary ride - Sunday 7th June 2015 - Glentress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

she aint too pretty or blingy but shakedown run complete

gees them fat tires take a pushing through the mud

firedfromthecircus":2obr6b7l said:
Cool Tack. Is that some kind of Dyna-Tech?

nah m8 nothing so glam

its a Raleigh Amazon i got off gumtree for £20
sellers pic

and now its bouncy at the front

Re:

Great work ^ :cool:

Got the outer gear cables for the Zaskar but i'm not happy with them :roll: , E-bay seller listed them as Shimano SIS, but they are unmarked (expected them to say Shimano on them) and they just feel thin and cheap, could have bought the Clark ones from Halfords last weekend :roll:

Bought a 1 meter length and the end looks like it's been cut with a spoon :roll: , it's a mess, this cable is meant to have came from a bike shop and i made a far cleaner cut with a cold chisel and a hammer :roll: (what i've been using for years)

Am i being unreasonable ?, given that i've used the cable anyway and it's working ?, just expect better.

Re:

OK folks.
One week to go so lets have a roll call. From the thread so far we have:

Firedfromthecircus
RobMac
keithyr
zigzag
kenaltobelli - maybe
jimihendrix
tack4
DynaCol
The Ken
jimo746
kaya
clubby

Any additions or retractions speak up. :)
Looking forward to a great retro showing. :mrgreen:

Re:

Looking forward to this, not been on a bike for a few weeks but been out hiking in the hills most weekends so some level of fitness is there :LOL: .
Picked up the final part for the Klein today to finish it ready for this. The Yates will hopefully be ready for the next ride.

Re:

I'll be there, rain, wind, hail, sleet, sunshine or major hangover :D

Had the Zaskar out today up the Braes for a shakedown run, disapointed to find the brakes binding fairly bad, (enough to be annoying) :roll: , have tried shimming the calipers but they may need a rebuild, no time for that now, will bring the Baravado as a back up just in case.

Re: Re:

DynaCol":neh4qf47 said:
Looking forward to this, not been on a bike for a few weeks but been out hiking in the hills most weekends so some level of fitness is there :LOL: .
Picked up the final part for the Klein today to finish it ready for this. The Yates will hopefully be ready for the next ride.

Really looking forward to seeing the Klein :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back