Is your collection complete ?

Re:

...always a few left...

- 1991 GT Karakoram in Inferno (the bike I had BITD)
- A 1991/2 Alpinestars
- 1993 Eldridge
- Something Ti, Marin, Dynatech, Xlite, etc etc

Got my personal unicorn in the 1991 Team Marin...just a size too small! :facepalm:

Doug

Re:

Nothing really stands out as something I lusted after back in the day.

My taste has changed so much in the last few years, and now borders on the WTF end of the bike scale. The ridiculous and technology cul-de-sac stuff appeals to me these day, especially as many of these bikes are being neglected or ignored... I am starting to collect some of these more unusual bikes for the future, as once they've gone the physical record goes with them.

al.

Re: Re:

al":bwjeu1z5 said:
Nothing really stands out as something I lusted after back in the day.

My taste has changed so much in the last few years, and now borders on the WTF end of the bike scale. The ridiculous and technology cul-de-sac stuff appeals to me these day, especially as many of these bikes are being neglected or ignored... I am starting to collect some of these more unusual bikes for the future, as once they've gone the physical record goes with them.

al.

You must have a Kirk Precision on your want list then!

Always wanted an Orange P7 years ago. Now I've been offered a P7 nickel frame . Needs polishing up, and don't know what to do!
I don't exactly need another bike do I !

Mike

[/quote]

Mike[/quote]

Not really bothered about a Kirk as they are just a bit too obvious and they already have a following. I really like the idea of having something people look at and ponder!!

A little like the looks I tend to get.

al.

Am pretty much done - which is why I don't visit so often - that, and being up to my neck and eyeballs with owning my own bike shop....

Mavic triplets.... (Alan CX with Indexed Mavic Starfish gen, Brouwer "Gilco" profiled frame with early Mavic SSC and Look Mi80 with Mavic MTB kit)
Pace ... RC200F6 and RC300... by the rules of Yorkshire square - and a spare RC200F7 I've not got round to building yet.
Dave Yates ... also by the rules of Yorkshire square.
Japanese-built Stumpy with M732 - maybe if a nicer frame came along I'd upgrade it....
Gios Super Record....
De Rosa with 1998 Record
Banani SPX track bike with Record.

And that's just the old stuff!

Not really into American exotica. But one day the right Ti frame will come along to put the M950 group and wotnot on..... but really no hurry.

Mike[/quote]

Not really bothered about a Kirk as they are just a bit too obvious and they already have a following. I really like the idea of having something people look at and ponder!!

A little like the looks I tend to get.

al.[/quote]

The quintessential eccentric English taste ;)

Re:

In terms of bikes that I'd ideally keep, then yes!...I have my first few bikes from 'bitd'...

1st...Kona Lava Dome
2nd ...KHS Montana Team
3rd...DBR Axis team Titanium

I think I then had a Proflex 855, a DNA titanium! and then one of the first Santa Cruz Superlights which I had up until discovering the Retrobike forum in 2009.

Since then I've built loads (see sig) but none could be keepers like the ones above although I do also have a disc equipped Superlight now!

I may well build others, but in terms of keeping for a 'collection' the ones above will do for me...and finances permitting will stay :)

Cheers

Re:

My dream bike was the Klein Attitude in Dolomite colours. I never got to see one in flesh when I was young, so getting the bug a few years back, and being able to finance a build project I went for it.
I sourced the bike and then came up with the idea of fitting it with parts that I had on my Rascal back then, this list was:
Bullseye hubs (red/white/blue)
Mavic M231 CD's
Campag brake levers
XT Thumbies,
XT groupset
Cooks cranks
Tioga Mud Dawg's
Flite saddle
Syncros seat post

So I have mange to secure exactly the above, and have fitted it all to my Attitude!.. its amazing to see it built as my rascal was.

This then brings me to the collection question, I want to now find a rascal to transfer the components to.

I have also started a Klein collection, buying a moonrise & Gatorfade, just want a HLF and sunburst to complete my love of Kleins!! :roll:

I'm just about there, am very happy with my little collection.

I would like to add another Wheeler and another Megamo of different models to what i already have.
I wouldn't mind a half decent full suser on the retro fleet.

Main thing i need is more time to enjoy what i have.

Done and done :)

Khs Montana team
Dolomite attitude
Yeti arc 92

Spooky bandwagon

Took a long time to admit I completed the task and bought far too many 'extra's' but getting the numbers down slowly to keep peace at home :)

Back