Re:

Hmmm,

Think I'd like a........

Dave Yates Vulcan
Fat Chance Yo Eddy
Salsa A La Carte Jelly Bean

Anyone???

Re:

I'm currently on the other way, paring down my "collection".

My first mtb was a '92 Trek 950, and although I liked the 970, I could not afford it being just 16 years-old and paying for it with my little savings (my junior account, opened by my father when I was 3 was left at zero afterwards!).

With the years I realized that:
-the 970 was basically the same bike, only one level up in componentry, and with a less cool color (lila instead of my cool shiny black)
-the bike abilities have always exceeded the rider capabilities, so no need to search for a "unicorn".

Now though I have slowly collected different Trek 950's from the early 90's: one for my wife, one to leave at the in-laws for those weekends when we visit them, and one at my parents. Enough.

I see that pattern in many in this forum. Our first bike was from brand XX for whatever the reason, and we start collecting bikes from that brand/year/range to "expand" our fond memories of that bike, no matter what the rest of the world think about them.

james1985":3a506mcz said:
I'm just about there, am very happy with my little collection.

I would like to add another Wheeler and another Megamo of different models to what i already have.
I wouldn't mind a half decent full suser on the retro fleet.

Main thing i need is more time to enjoy what i have.

Oh, ive bought 2 more bikes since I wrote this! Neither is a Wheeler or a Megamo! :facepalm: :D :D

james1985":yjgz1wfl said:
james1985":yjgz1wfl said:
I'm just about there, am very happy with my little collection.

I would like to add another Wheeler and another Megamo of different models to what i already have.
I wouldn't mind a half decent full suser on the retro fleet.

Main thing i need is more time to enjoy what i have.

Oh, ive bought 2 more bikes since I wrote this! Neither is a Wheeler or a Megamo! :facepalm: :D :D

:D A week's a long time in retro bikes.

I'm just about done. Or I will be once I finish the projects I have. They progress nicely, no rush Ashe frames are right. I know I have some unicorns and very little turns my head these days to part me with my cash.

Ibis bowTi
Ibis ti mojo x2
Manitou FS
Funk
Clark Kent Ti
Mountain Goat

Thank you. The last two are works in progress. TheClark Kent nearly has all the parts I was seeking whereas the goat is a bare frame and fork needing painting and everything!

ti_pin_man":25g9v68b said:
Thank you. The last two are works in progress. TheClark Kent nearly has all the parts I was seeking whereas the goat is a bare frame and fork needing painting and everything!

Do you have any build threads?...can you put links in your sig? :)

Cheers

Back