Intense M! rear brake adaptor

TZEDS

Retro Guru
Having trouble purchasing a rear brake adaptor for a Intense M1,is there one out there.Needs to be IS to IS as per photos for the Hope caliper,id like to fit at least a 180 rotor,any ideas

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    411.6 KB · Views: 19
Not sure for that caliper, mine is running a No8 M4 which bolts directly on.

You could try a +20 or +40 adapter, would measure it first though. A couple of companies did make adapters that fitted but again, not sure if they will work with your caliper!?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Not sure for that caliper, mine is running a No8 M4 which bolts directly on.

You could try a +20 or +40 adapter, would measure it first though. A couple of companies did make adapters that fitted but again, not sure if they will work with your caliper!?

tricky this one without being able to measure it first,as you can see from my pcture the shimano adapter was supposed to be for a 180 rotor

Just a thought, have you tried the mount the other way, moving the caliper further forward?

Here is a pic of mine with the No8 fitted.

20210716_003943.jpg

What brake is it? Looks like XC4? When mounted direct to IS mounts they were (somewhat unusually) 150mm rotor front, 130mm rear. You'd be better off to seek a DH4, Enduro 4 or early Mono 4. They're effectively a -10 on whatever adaptor you use.

Last edited:
MK 1 i have tried that option,the body of the caliper is two wide to fit between the frame and disc. Shogun its an Xc 4 caliper,ive fitted the front to a pair of boxxers although ive added spacers it works fine

Back