I'm tyred of looking for tyres...big chunky knobblies required...

Arghh the frame would take it but the fork will struggle it's an early Kona fork and quite narrow up top...that'll being taking paint off ....wish I'd thought about tyre choice a little more before committing those forks! I have some street type kendas on my cruiser BMX thing not the look I want but I can see them going on till I find the right tyre! Cheers tho dude 👍
I think 1.8 to 2.00 is gonna be the max.
Ha who said 26 ain't dead...

I’ve still got the Kenda Nevegal and Tioga Psychos in this thread happy to let either pair go for postage (about £8 at the moment as I have to pay to get it collected!) if they are any use. The Kenda are 2.1 and the Tioga 1.95

https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/tyres-tioga-kenda-continental-panaracer.441575/
Hmm nevegals....
I'll get back to you later on them.. theyre ticking some boxes! I've never tried before but do you know a way to remove the sidewall logos?
Yes I'm being a tart..!! 😂

Panaracer Smoke - big, chunky, noisy, available in 2.1 or 1.9 as the Smoke lite.

I have a Set of wire bead Smoke Lites you can have for £40 posted, unused
50931172703_201c9f5746_b.jpg

50931981812_6f1b58fa73_b.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm nevegals....
I'll get back to you later on them.. theyre ticking some boxes! I've never tried before but do you know a way to remove the sidewall logos?
Yes I'm being a tart..!! 😂
To remove sidewall logos - a year of use and 25 years sat at the back of a shed usually does the trick on here!
I would guess acetone will do the trick, will have a go on a scrap tyre when I get the chance.

Quite cool but not enough grrrrr 😁 nice sidewalls ....I like that smoothness!

Vandorm DH tyre, 26 x 2.3 between £10 and £13 each on woolyhatshop on ebay. Cheap but very cheerful properly gnarly block pattern tyre brand new.

Back