Hennie Kuiper's TI-Raleigh 1976 Team Bike Frame Number HK276

Re:

Here's some really interesting primary source material from the 87 Raleigh catalogue showing the "Services des Courses" with fastback seat stays.

Attachments

• 1987raleighcat_uk_16_lg.jpg
    1987raleighcat_uk_16_lg.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 816
Re: Re:

vcballbat":20k2su30 said:
Here's some really interesting primary source material from the 87 Raleigh catalogue showing the "Services des Courses" with fastback seat stays.

Sadly that is Raleigh marketing blurb, I wouldn't call it primary source. The text describes a Services des Courses frame but the image isn't. As the text correctly explains, the SDC is full Cinelli with fork crown, BB and lugs - however, the frame in the image has Prugnat lugs, nice frame all the same, probably a model called the Road Champion, but the image certainly doesn't matching the text.

I have a 1976 Lejeune BP jersey, who used the colour scheme I have in the 1976 Tour. Mad to think that one of their riders might have been wearing my jersey alongside Hennie Kuiper on your bike!

Re: Re:

originalshinkicker":3tiat8yv said:
vcballbat":3tiat8yv said:

Sadly that is Raleigh marketing blurb, I wouldn't call it primary source. The text describes a Services des Courses frame but the image isn't. As the text correctly explains, the SDC is full Cinelli with fork crown, BB and lugs - however, the frame in the image has Prugnat lugs, nice frame all the same, probably a model called the Road Champion, but the image certainly doesn't matching the text.
Im sure that I'd seen a late "Services des Courses" with fastback seat stays... here it is :D

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 476
That is a very different style of seat stay fastening and very different date to the Ilkeston material. I think that is Dave Rayner's 89 bike

Re:

Yes it is a late SB Nottingham Services des Courses frame with fastback, not side attached seat stays and Cinelli lugs.

Re:

The 1989 Raleigh Team Banana bikes changed to this neat fastback arrangement instead of capped side attached seat stays as featured on the 1988 team bikes. A switch from Shimano Dura Ace to Campagnolo C Record was also made. It appears a Cinelli seat lug was used and neat little lugs on the seat stay tips....super nice :D

Attachments

• 8ee27bb1-ff8a-4ffa-8248-ed0059ec996f.jpg
    8ee27bb1-ff8a-4ffa-8248-ed0059ec996f.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 461
  • DtcOXISX4AUZiE-.jpg
    DtcOXISX4AUZiE-.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 461
Back