Help me not get financially ruined

1) Book flight to UK +10,000€ holiday insurance
2) Collect bike
3) Feign death from monkey pox
4) Teary wife repatriates body
5) Seal biohazard 'do not open' body and bike in container
6) Get bike home and explain elabourate ressurection plan to long suffering wife
7) Press bag of frozen peas firmly on eye to reduce swelling
8 Claim cost of repatriation from holiday insurance
That'll work.

Yes but a lot of people have successfully sent stuff through it with little trouble but of course it won't go that way when I try. 70k plus reviews on Trustpilot with an average of 4.1 so they must be getting some of it right, lucky me getting the arse end of operations

I'm eagerly awaiting it to go down to 4.0 with - I quote from you "Parcelmonkey are dodgy bastards." 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Pre Brexit I've used / recommended Parcel Monkey several times to send items from the UK to Spain with never a problem. I've even used them to forward bikes to myself as it was cheaper than Easy Jets Sporting Goods hold luggage fees.
Post Brexit I've bought items from members living in Italy, France, Germany, Holland and Poland with never a problem. In March I bought a front wheel from a UK member who posted it the next day providing the tracking info. I see that it arrived in Madrid on the 24th March and I have since received three sets of custom forms which I 've completed fully, including providing details of the wheels components. Now Its all gone quite with no reply from Madrid. The loss of 25 quid for the wheel, 24 quid for postage using Parcel Monkey as Parcel Force' agent and three registered letters at 6€ each won't make me destitute but .......
I see that Hope and TFT Tuned no longer deal with the E. U., ultimately that must mean less UK jobs or slower growth for these companies at least.
Not bike related but relevant to the O.P. I have a big birthday and wedding anniversary this year and our UK based family keep asking what we would like in the way of a present. Based on my recent experience we have to say ask them to not send anything as we don't want to pay all of the taxes and handling charges, which usually total about 67% of the cost. Another small blow to the UK economy.
Anyway, enjoy your bike whatever which way it arrives O.P. ;)

Asked them for a tracking update, they got back to me and said the parcel was in the depot, out for delivery. I was confused and asked if it was already in Denmark then, they quickly got back to me and told me no, its actually still in the UK. In Heathrow, preparing for export. Question though, does road parcels go through Heathrow? Surely this suggests that it is indeed being sent by airplane, not road, unless they intend to drive it from like France or the Netherlands to Denmark?

Confusing system altogether, but at least they can still see it in their system so here's hoping.

Asked them for a tracking update, they got back to me and said the parcel was in the depot, out for delivery. I was confused and asked if it was already in Denmark then, they quickly got back to me and told me no, its actually still in the UK. In Heathrow, preparing for export. Question though, does road parcels go through Heathrow? Surely this suggests that it is indeed being sent by airplane, not road, unless they intend to drive it from like France or the Netherlands to Denmark?

Confusing system altogether, but at least they can still see it in their system so here's hoping.

Hard to say.

Parcelmonkey most probably buy certain capacity in advance from say Royal Mail / Parcel Force to cover for the majority of it's business using cheaper scheduled road transport, and then shops around for cheap available capacity from airlines at the last minute for acute needs.

Many logistics providers have hubs close to airports, but it does not necessarily mean the onward mode of transport will be air. They can prepare for export any where (even when goods are physically moving domestically) , but the actual export is always at a port of entry / exit, bonded warehouse or dry port.

Aaaaaand it's in Denmark! With DHL, praise be an actual company that works! Definitely not by road, took less than 24 hours from export. Thankfully it was DHL so customs fees can be paid directly to them, and it's due for delivery Monday! If only the dodgy bastards at parcelmonkey had gotten it picked up on the promised day it'd have been here by now.

Conclusion so far: Parcelmonkey is a company in shambles that DOES work if you write very rudely and grumpily and demand them to pull a finger out

Back