Help me not get financially ruined

Parcelmonkey are dodgy bastards.

Yet again I am contacted by seller, who this time before 12 pm gets a phone call from courier who says they're picking it up tomorrow. I booked on Sunday, meant to be picked up a Tuesday. Then changed to today, now set for tomorrow. Parcelmonkey takes no responsibility, when I called for a discount, they state that as long as it hasn't been 5 days they cannot do anything. They basically said, and I quote

We cannot guarantee collection

To which I said, a shipping company that can't guarantee collection? That sounds dodgy. Last time I use middle men. Quite upset about this to be honest.

My complaining bore fruit, I said to them that they better find a courier who is available to collect it today, and guess what. It was collected, with no notice! Seller was about to go out to do something else, as he thought they'd come tomorrow. Luckily he was there and it's been picked up. Time to go to the polls on whether or not it'll arrive on time.

Update..

Asked them why I can't track the parcel, apparently the tracking only works on "their internal portal"

But the shipping package I bought states the following:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525-200841_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220525-200841_Chrome.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 8
Isn’t parcel monkey kind of like a broker almost who farm the work out to the lowest bidder?
Yes but a lot of people have successfully sent stuff through it with little trouble but of course it won't go that way when I try. 70k plus reviews on Trustpilot with an average of 4.1 so they must be getting some of it right, lucky me getting the arse end of operations

Wasn’t there a guy on here who used them not long back who went into absolute meltdown as they were 12 mins late with his bike?

That all turned out well I think.

• Haha
Reactions: Woz
Back