Help Identifying Nishiki MTB

Antwuan

Retro Newbie
Hello! I recently saved this Nishiki MTB from the dump.
Fixed it up to working condition and been using it as a commuter. Planning to restore it to its original but need your help for that.
It looks to have been badly repainted in orange. And it has Black Nishiki stickers and black/red Ariel stickers. But it dont think its an Nishiki Ariel.

The closest thing ive seen is a Nishiki Maniac 1990to perhaps 1992. But the models ive seen has different rear drop-outs so if far from certain.

Specs:

Frame number under bottom bracket housing:

Shimano Exage 300 LX front and back derailleur.
Shimano Exage 300 Biospace "Drivetrain" 3 speed.
7 Speed Shimano freewheel.
Shimano STI total integration integrated brake and shift levers/buttons.
Shimano SLR? Canitlever brakes
Araya CV-7 Rims.
Shimano Hubs.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Dont hesitate to ask if you have questions!

/ Anton

Attachments

• IMG_0968.jpeg
    IMG_0968.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 552
  • IMG_6924.JPG
    IMG_6924.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 552
  • IMG_0971.jpeg
    IMG_0971.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 550
Re:

I managed to find a similar Nishiki Ariel.

7367213989.jpg.a205bcb1b559491f76dfe132769f6753.jpg

Re:

Thanks but its not a Wheeler unfourtunately, the frame is different in some places.

Thank you very much Toumo!
For some reason that picture hasnt turned up on my google searches.

It looks identical to mine! I even managed to find one more through your picture and talked to to owner who is from Finland.
Looks like i was wrong after all, my bike really seems to be a genuine Nishiki Ariel.

Im in Sweden so perhaps this was a smaller batch made for the Scandinavian market?

Thanks a lot for your help!

/ Anton

Re:

Thanks but its not a Wheeler unfourtunately, the frame is different in some places.

Thank you very much Toumo!
For some reason that picture hasnt turned up on my google searches.

It looks identical to mine! I even managed to find one more through your picture and talked to to owner who is from Finland.
Looks like i was wrong after all, my bike really seems to be a genuine Nishiki Ariel.

Im in Sweden so perhaps this was a smaller batch made for the Scandinavian market?

Thanks a lot for your help!

/ Anton
Any updates on this bike? I´m picking up a purple one just like the one in the picture above. Also in Sweden so it could make some sense that they were made for the Scandinavian market only. The frame looks more like a Nishiki Maniac from the early 90´s.

Back