GT Psyclone 1994 16 inch - very slow build

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
My golden rule is only 1 build at a time. I’ve broken this rule as I’ve a few on at moment in various states of being finished/ parts collected

This one came up at the weekend and to be honest was exceptionally cheap. I’d started a wanted advert a few weeks prior expecting a long long wait so it must be fate.

Anyway … it came up on marketplace on Saturday night. Couldn’t quite believe it. Sent a message to say I’ll come now …. And no reply for around 20 mins.

Assuming it had sold I feared I wouldn’t get it. Then ….. bing ….. a message saying yes I could collect now.

Literally started to run out the house , grabbing cash and keys. Unluckily my 17 month old daughter also decided to have a little run following me and took a tumble. Lots of tears and me and her mum trying to calm her down - whilst still panicking that the Psyclone would sell - or advert be pulled.

Then my mrs spoke those immortal words “ just go and get the bike and I’ll …..”

I’ve no idea how that sentence finished as I was gone. 45 mins up the M1.

Turned out the guy purchase it new in 1994 from my LBS. He spent all the budget on frame /stem/ bars and wheels that the rest was quite low spec. He said he never really took to MTB and preferred road. So it was used mainly on paths , and and canals etc.

Anyway … here it is as I picked it up. And now as a frame which will likely hang on my wall for quite a while whilst I find the suitable parts.

Thinking M900 , and maybe some 2x4s on this one.

IMG_5792.jpeg IMG_5883.jpeg IMG_5884.jpeg IMG_5885.jpeg IMG_5886.jpeg

A 1994 Psyclone 16", black with blue/white decals is my unicorn... that being said, I wouldn't waste a second deciding to buy this either :cool:. Fantastic condition as well. Congrats on that one!

A 1994 Psyclone 16", black with blue/white decals is my unicorn... that being said, I wouldn't waste a second deciding to buy this either :cool:. Fantastic condition as well. Congrats on that one!
I’ve actually been offered a 94 in black in exchange for this. But I’m not a fan of black even though it’s a 18 which is my size.

I’ve actually been offered a 94 in black in exchange for this. But I’m not a fan of black even though it’s a 18 which is my size.
This makes no sense to me, is this going to be a garage queen?
Other then that I can't think of why you'd not do that.

This makes no sense to me, is this going to be a garage queen?
Other then that I can't think of why you'd not do that.

apart from the fact that “I’m not a fan of black” part?

I’d rather keep my more desirable size & colour and then swap at a later date with a frame I want should one be offered.

Back