‘95 Pace RC200 F5 ‘Mystery Machine’

So…First hurdle to overcome…

IMG_3528.jpeg

Mocking up the front wheel with the forks, it’s evident that hub won’t fit in the fork with the caliper mount fitted!

IMG_3525.jpeg
IMG_3526.jpeg

It appears that I need a narrower spacer on my hub axle, does anyone have one available please? 🙏🏼

I believe it’s a narrower axle they use (same as the rear torsion arm versions use)

Not sure if it’s interchangeable on hubs though.

I had one for sale not long ago. Let me check for pics now of what it looks like

This is the set up I sold a bit ago.

I’m postive the front hub is narrower as that’s why I sold it all as a package.

I’m sure someone will know for sure

This is the set up I sold a bit ago.

I’m postive the front hub is narrower as that’s why I sold it all as a package.

I’m sure someone will know for sure

I hope that's not the case...🤦‍♂️

Any other Hope experts on here that can cast some light on this? 🙏

It’s not a narrower axle you need it’s a different end cap, they had a style that was much thinner and the axle still went through to the drop out the mount sat on the axle and the thinner spacer took up the slack

So, with the frame off to @danson67 for inspection and new rivnuts, then to the polishers...I have time to get this f@%$ing front hub conundrum sorted...

Can anyone tell me categorically, whether the hub can/ has to be rebuilt with a shorter axle in the existing body or if i do indeed need a different hub assembly!?

The FB groups are no help and neither are Hope themselves... 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Yes if you remove the long spacer then fit the short one it will all button up nicely, I have a pace mount in the same style which I fitted to a manitou fork with no issues

Back