Diamondback Ascent EX 1994 Rebuild/XBiking

Looks great. I used spray.bike for a few things but were never happy with the results. It was more down to lack of finesse and patience though. I do think their marketing is a bit much as they're shockingly similar to Montana Gold, and Montana is cheaper. But I have seen some great examples from people using it.
I actually wasn't that pleased. It looks ok in the photos but I can tell it's not that durable.

I actually wasn't that pleased. It looks ok in the photos but I can tell it's not that durable.
That was my experience too. Chips easily. Heard many others complain about that. As I'm useless at DIY paintjobs I've taken to coating rat bikes in Hammerite and calling it a day. Rob, @Guinessisgoodforyou , did a very nice paintjob using Hammerite on his randonneur. Mine looks like a caked piece of shit but my excuse is xbiking

That was my experience too. Chips easily. Heard many others complain about that. As I'm useless at DIY paintjobs I've taken to coating rat bikes in Hammerite and calling it a day. Rob, @Guinessisgoodforyou , did a very nice paintjob using Hammerite on his randonneur. Mine looks like a caked piece of shit but my excuse is xbiking
It looks ok, very nice may be pushing it. My excuse is it's a working tourer. I've chipped the top tube, in fairness to Hammerite it took a 2 kg lock to do that.

Back