GT Lightning 1998 OE build

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Bit of back story first …. I had a 18 inch 97 Lightning a bit ago which I bought as a standard bike , but quicky changed it to full M952/ Sid’s etc.

I then picked up another Lightning which was standard again but this time in a 16.

Both were sold as truly I wanted a Xizang which I now have. But I did miss my Lightning.

Anyway I’ve now managed to pick up an almost standard 98 Lightning.

I prefer the 98 as the spec is slightly nicer but also the decals look better too.

The plan is to make it completely OE in every way. No plans to do a heavy refurb as it’s pretty good mostly. Just a good clean and rebuild. IMG_3931.jpeg IMG_7705.jpeg IMG_3764.jpeg

Bit of back story first …. I had a 18 inch 97 Lightning a bit ago which I bought as a standard bike , but quicky changed it to full M952/ Sid’s etc.

I then picked up another Lightning which was standard again but this time in a 16.

Both were sold as truly I wanted a Xizang which I now have. But I did miss my Lightning.

Anyway I’ve now managed to pick up an almost standard 98 Lightning.

I prefer the 98 as the spec is slightly nicer but also the decals look better too.

The plan is to make it completely OE in every way. No plans to do a heavy refurb as it’s pretty good mostly. Just a good clean and rebuild. View attachment 790846View attachment 790847View attachment 790848
The one on the right is the 98 model?

Back