Grand Opening of the Marin Museum of Bicycling

Re:

Went back to the museum on Sunday afternoon, and found Joe Breeze in a relaxed mood for the first time in weeks. The crowds had dissipated and the opening was at last finished.

I had him pose with the "Fifty-Niner." Joe mentioned that it is a copy of an Ibis Mojo. But bigger.

Re:

Scot Nicol (Ibis Bikes founder) told me it was called the "Ibis Maximus" -the frame does look just like an Ibis...

Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":1ktvr0ca said:
Scot Nicol (Ibis Bikes founder) told me it was called the "Ibis Maximus" -the frame does look just like an Ibis...

An Ibis Mojo to be precise. A very good reproduction considering the medium

Re: Re:

Repack Rider":21p3b1x8 said:
FairfaxPat":21p3b1x8 said:

An Ibis Mojo to be precise. A very good reproduction considering the medium

If that's a medium I'd hate to see an XL!

Great thread by the way.

Dropped by the museum today to see how the day-to-day operation was going. There were plenty of visitors, who paid to enter, so the museum has an income. Joe Breeze was deep in his explanation of some of the bikes on display.

It's hard to overstate how happy everyone involved seems to be that the long wait is over and they can enjoy their new museum.

Jon, I guess your film is still at the photo shop. When will you add your images to the thread?

Back