Gary Fisher Wahoo 1994/5

realtiger

Retro Newbie
IMG_8048.jpg

Reluctantly thinking of selling my 18" Gary Fisher Wahoo as can no longer ride. In excellent condition (a few small spots of rust) with original parts apart from pedal crank which sheared and was replaced a couple of years ago. It's not had a lot of hard use as was living overseas and left it behind for a few years. Got my first puncture (rear wheel) when I took it out for a test ride recently :rolleyes: - should I repair it before selling?

Thoughts and advice welcome 🙏

Looks lovely that:) It's the bottom end of the steel frames but it's in decent nick. Honestly haven't a clue re value but I'll do a bit of research!?!:)

You'll get more interest and a better price if the rear puncture is fixed ~ people, especially casual riders like something they can just hop on and ride. Nice bike, even entry level bikes had more care and thought put into the build and QC back in '96.
In complete agreement with "Stressed"......£70 or thereabouts would be a fair price. :)

Looks lovely that:) It's the bottom end of the steel frames but it's in decent nick. Honestly haven't a clue re value but I'll do a bit of research!?!

Reckon you're looking £75 max but I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time!?!) :p
Thanks @Stressed - much appreciated - that seems like a fair valuation. Ultimately I'm more curious about whether any one would buy it than the price it would fetch.

You'll get more interest and a better price if the rear puncture is fixed ~ people, especially casual riders like something they can just hop on and ride. Nice bike, even entry level bikes had more care and thought put into the build and QC back in '96.
In complete agreement with "Stressed"......£70 or thereabouts would be a fair price. :)
Thanks @Reluctant I appreciate the advice about asking price and fixing the puncture. When I took it in for a service the guys at my local bike shop were singing it's praises which made me think it might be sought after but it is only an entry level bike as you say. I've got mixed feelings about parting with it as not sure I could replace it with anything remotely as good within my price range if I ever get back to riding.

Back