Frankenstein rescued! - Fisher Prometheus - Part 6 - First ride

Incredible work !
could you show us the drop out ? Seems to be a Lavoie made…

I don't think I have any photos of the dropouts, but I found the photo of what happened to it to end my riding of it:

The end.jpg

Part 2 - Weld, blast and decals

Here we go, ready for welding, the inserts from Paragon Machine Works were all mitred by hand and I also made up tiny inserts for the 2 top tube cable stops that had been drilled out :-( ......

IMG_3127.jpeg

Supremo welder at work.....

IMG_3942.jpeg
Fresh off the torch...heatsink, with tinfoil to ensure a snug fit...incredibly tight access, great uniform welds, spot on first time and tube alignment is perfect...amazing job. Can you work out who the welder is, clues are in the pictures!

Image 12-11-2022 at 10.07.jpeg

Back to the shed for finishing...first clean up with Scotchcbrite....

IMG_3957.jpeg

Time to make an investment from Machine Mart and start experimenting with blast media....custom blast cabinet :)

IMG_4463.jpeg

Aluminium oxide 120 grit first.....cleaned up the welds and Scotchbrite marks but is way too dull....

IMG_4462.jpeg

Now for glass bead.....several hours, maybe days, it felt like a long time....cable guides also back to factory spec too :). Beginning to think this is possible, glass bead definitely the way to go...

IMG_4468.jpeg

On with the decals from Gil (thanks)....

IMG_4519.jpeg

Another update next weekend.....donor bike part restoration and component choices, choices, choices.....

IMG_2916.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2958.jpeg
    IMG_2958.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 19
the 2 top tube cable stops that had been drilled out :-( ......

That happend before it came to me, hence I always ran full outers. Having said that, as a winter bike that worked fine.

The finish you managed to get with the glass beads looks fantastic! I was wondering what you planned to do for the finish, as that was one of the tings I really liked about it and the photo in the sunlight has a very nice Satin look to it.

Back